Turkish Money

One of the Ports we stop at is in Turkey! can we use Euros or Pounds there, or is it just Turkish Lira?:confused:

I've hear they'll take anything but like the Euros. So!! that must mean it's beneficial to them and not us so we're taking Turkish Lira when we go tomorrow, with Euros for the Greek part. Will let you know in 2 weeks.:):)

Jan

I've hear they'll take anything but like the Euros. So!! that must mean it's beneficial to them and not us so we're taking Turkish Lira when we go tomorrow, with Euros for the Greek part. Will let you know in 2 weeks.:):)

Jan

Thanks for your help, just need to decide how much now!

Have a wonderful time Ekco:)

Thanks Linda, ready to go now. Not sure how I'm going to get the kitchen sink out of the case when we get there though, lol.:D:D

Jan

Watch out for their rates... we were in Kusadasi for the day last year, and noticed they were selling in both TL and Euros. For example - when asking how much?? they would say 18, but not specify whether they meant TL or Euro. People were happily paying in Euros, which quite obviously was not as preferable as 18 TL !

Have travelled to Turkey on a number of occasions and found that it didn't matter what currency i had; most shops/cafe/restaurants in main towns are happy to take any. Also found the £ = TL exchange rates better in turkey than in the UK; plenty of ATMS as well. Debs x

Have travelled to Turkey on a number of occasions and found that it didn't matter what currency i had; most shops/cafe/restaurants in main towns are happy to take any. Also found the £ = TL exchange rates better in turkey than in the UK; plenty of ATMS as well. Debs x

Thanks for the info, very helpfull

Archived