The Retreat Sundeck Just Got More Interesting?

vtcruising

I was looking at some Edge pictures and came across an interesting picture. There appears to be a Volkswagen bus next to the pool on the right (no, I haven't had anything stronger than tea today ;)). If you blow up the picture, you can see that the top flips up and it is full of what appears to be cold beverages.

Being a Flower Power child, I love it! :cool: I hope that this is for real and not just done for some sort of promotion. It helps humanize the upscale country club feel, IMO. I really don't know how I will wait for 5 more months to find out!! :D

enhance

VT - Good eye and catch. That is indeed a VW Bus. A little similar play on the Quantum Class ships and the dog house bus. This was though looks more "real". Nice touch I think.

I haven't been on Quantum Class, but found this picture. I assume this is it?

enhance

I wonder if they will serve some food on the Edge as well. :D

It's cool. I guess the VW bus is a more upscale food bus for the Edge. :D

I blew up the picture and you can see seats/tables behind the bus in the pool bar area. Maybe we can get food from the windows on the side toward the seating and beverages on the pool side?

enhance

VT...really counting on you to share everything that you find out on your early Edge sailings...hope MC is nice and light, along with the VW shown above! it is getting closer...

Yes, it is getting closer..... but still hard to wait! :D

It's cool. I guess the VW bus is a more upscale food bus for the Edge. :D

I blew up the picture and you can see seats/tables behind the bus in the pool bar area. Maybe we can get food from the windows on the side toward the seating and beverages on the pool side?

I think you are right about the seat/tables and getting food from the bus. Great concept for a quick bite with hot dogs and etc in the out-doors.

Also if you miss the Magic Carpet may be you can catch a ride on the bus :)

I think you are right about the seat/tables and getting food from the bus. Great concept for a quick bite with hot dogs and etc in the out-doors.

Also if you miss the Magic Carpet may be you can catch a ride on the bus :)

Yes, we should guess the name, if they have one (like the Dog House).

I will need more time, but a couple off the top of my head:

Back Seat Treats

The Munchie Bus

Re"Treats"

Lisa's Luncheonette (after LLP)

I'm sure others can think of something very clever! :D

It’s not in any of the earlier renderings. When/where did you find it?

I hadn't seen it before either. I occasionally search various Edge topics - I don't remember what I was searching yesterday and that picture popped up. I didn't notice the car at first, because I've seen similar pictures before, but then looked more closely at the pop of yellow.

Maybe it is a new addition or maybe a whimsical draft that ended up in the waste basket. Time will tell! :D

Yes, we should guess the name, if they have one (like the Dog House).

I will need more time, but a couple off the top of my head:

Back Seat Treats

The Munchie Bus

Re"Treats"

Lisa's Luncheonette (after LLP)

I'm sure others can think of something very clever! :D

Edge Treats

Dog house on the Edge

Edge dogs

Edge kielbasa

Guacamole on Edge (may have a spicy kick to it)

:):)

I almost wonder if they throw out little bits of info and an occasional new picture just to keep us on edge, so to speak. ;)

I think that's exactly what they are doing and to see what kind of feedback they get. The change of the CS Cabin layout was like that and a surprise to most of us.

I think that's exactly what they are doing and to see what kind of feedback they get. The change of the CS Cabin layout was like that and a surprise to most of us.

Did you notice that one of the T25 renderings shows the CS's with what looks like a small deck and loggia, instead of one large deck? Must be they haven't updated the T25 rendering. Looking forward to seeing the protective coverings come off from the Edge to see the real thing!

enhance

I found this other picture of the Retreat sundeck that I hadn't seen before that shows the Solarium Roof (on the left) with Retreat loungers nearby. There is an Edge model shot below.

enhance

enhance

I don’t get it. They are trying desperately to appeal to younger passengers, so they pick an hippie icon from the 1960’s?

Me neither.but maybe some old time flower power children are the ones who can afford suites... Otherwise I' d expect an Uber or bike share..!

It's cutesy but seems at odds with the Retreat theme..