Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:28 AM.
Dominican Republic
61 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by Oligorio
I’ve seen lots of pictures of seafood buffet. Is that on an speciality dinning or is that any given day at the main dining.

Is it hard to get spot on the prohibition musical? Does the ship has a movie theater?
What is the mood/scenery/ ambience on the Manhattan Room?


Sent from my iPhone using Forums


Anyone?


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - September - NCL Bliss - Alaska

2016 - September - Carnival Vista - West Europe
Paradise Valley AZ
1,115 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by Oligorio
Anyone?


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
I believe the seafood buffet is in the buffet. It is not specialty dining nor in the MDR, that I am aware of.

Yes, it is difficult to get into Prohibition...I would try to book it as soon as you board. It is very entertaining (but adults only). No movie theatre but they did show movies under the stars on the big screen by the pool...this was on the Panama Canal cruise...not sure about Alaska.

Manhattan Room is a nicer MDR...larger, more open, ambiance is not much different than the other MDRs, at least not in my experience. We did tend to go there though, just because it was easier to get seated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Past Cruises:
NCL Bliss - 15 day Inaugural Panama Canal
NCL Getaway - Baltic (with Norway post cruise)
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean with BVI
NCL Pearl - Pacific Northwest
Carnival Splendor - NE/Canada
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean
RCL Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder - Bahamas
Fair Princess - Alaska
540 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Originally posted by ChuckGiesk
Don't know if this as been asked before but does anyone know what time the country music starts in the Q?

sometimes they will start around 9:15 while folks are eating and to urge them to stay. They did on the P Canal cruise mid week.
BTW the waiters are so very very friendly. I went in to sit and wait for show and at least 5 of them as they walked by asked if I wanted a drink or something. Just a really friendly place.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

33 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by debenson0723
I believe the seafood buffet is in the buffet. It is not specialty dining nor in the MDR, that I am aware of.

Yes, it is difficult to get into Prohibition...I would try to book it as soon as you board. It is very entertaining (but adults only). No movie theatre but they did show movies under the stars on the big screen by the pool...this was on the Panama Canal cruise...not sure about Alaska.

Manhattan Room is a nicer MDR...larger, more open, ambiance is not much different than the other MDRs, at least not in my experience. We did tend to go there though, just because it was easier to get seated.

Movies are in the atrium.
Manhattan is more open, less loud and not so dark .
Seafood is on seaday in buffet ( but no king crab ! )
Coram, NY
362 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by docb8456
Anyone aware if there will be babysitting (for a fee) like on the escape? I see guppies nursery listed but only as a 2 hour a day, parent staying, group play setting on the website.


Would love an answer to his question.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature





RCCL ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS MAY 25, 2003
RCCL BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS DECEMBER 12, 2004
NCL DAWN OCTOBER 29, 2006
NORWEGIAN ESCAPE AUGUST 28, 2016
NORWEGIAN PEARL NOVEMBER 13, 2016
NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY FEBRUARY 19, 2017
NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2017
Rochester, NY
354 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by T4raegirl
Just curious, is there a cut off to purchase the beverage package prior to sailing?
No, you can purchase it on board if you like.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dominican Republic
61 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by JamieLogical
No, you can purchase it on board if you like.


But I guess while you do the line I’ll have my mojito groove on!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - September - NCL Bliss - Alaska

2016 - September - Carnival Vista - West Europe
Paradise Valley AZ
1,115 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by T4raegirl
Just curious, is there a cut off to purchase the beverage package prior to sailing?
If you want to use the UBP as one of your perks, you need to do that before you board (I want to say no later than 48 hours but could be wrong on the time). But you can buy it for full price (plus 20% gratuity) on board.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Past Cruises:
NCL Bliss - 15 day Inaugural Panama Canal
NCL Getaway - Baltic (with Norway post cruise)
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean with BVI
NCL Pearl - Pacific Northwest
Carnival Splendor - NE/Canada
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean
RCL Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder - Bahamas
Fair Princess - Alaska
Rochester, NY
5,205 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Originally posted by debenson0723
If you want to use the UBP as one of your perks, you need to do that before you board (I want to say no later than 48 hours but could be wrong on the time). But you can buy it for full price (plus 20% gratuity) on board.

Newbury Park, CA
2,916 Posts
Joined May 2007
Does anyone know if the Manhattan dining room has a live band playing dinner music? On the Escape, they had Jazz, Latin and easy listening type music and people could get up and dance but I thought I read somewhere that Bliss is not doing this.
Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature





Carnival Elation 4/99 Mexico
Diamond Princess 1/07 Mexico

RCI Monarch 4/07 Baja Mexico
Carnival Pride 10/07 Mexico
Carnival Paradise 12/07 Baja Mexico
Carnival Spirit 2/08 Exotic Mexico
MS DixieII 8/08 Emerald Bay Lake Tahoe
Sapphire Princess 11/08 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Spirit 1/09 Exotic Mexico
Carnival Splendor 8/09 Mexico
RCI Radiance 11/09 Mexico Thanksgiving
RCI Radiance 4/10 Mexico
NCL Pearl 8/10 Alaska
RCI Mariner 11/10 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Spirit 12/10 Mexico New Years
Norwegian Star 4/11 Mexico
Carnival Spirit 8/11 Alaska
Carnival Spirit 11/11 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Spirit 3/12 Mexico
NCL Gem 8/12 Bahamas
Carnival Splendor 11/12 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Splendor 12/12 Mexico Happy New Year
Sapphire Princess 3/13 Mexico
NCL Pearl 7/13 Alaska
Carnival Miracle 11/13 Mexico Thanksgiving
Crown Princess 4/14 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Freedom 7/14 Southern Caribbean

Carnival Miracle 11/14 Mexico Thanksgiving
Golden Princess 4/15 Sea of Cortez

Carnival Magic 8/15 Western Caribbean
Crown Princess 11/15 Mexico Thanksgiving
Crown Princess 3/16 California Coastal
Carnival Legend 8/16 Alaska
Carnival Miracle 11/16 Mexico Thanksgiving
Ruby Princess 4/17 Mexico
NCL Escape 8/17 Western Caribbean
Ruby Princess 3/18 Mexico
27 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by tonit964
Does anyone know if the Manhattan dining room has a live band playing dinner music? On the Escape, they had Jazz, Latin and easy listening type music and people could get up and dance but I thought I read somewhere that Bliss is not doing this.
Thank you.
No band on Bliss and no room to dance.
Miami
101 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by Dayana
Would love an answer to his question.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Me too. Very interested.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Ecstasy
Norwegian Sun
Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Getaway
RCCL Vision of the Seas
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Bliss (Caribbean - 2018)
Norwegian Bliss (Alaska - 2019)
Newbury Park, CA
2,916 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by icicle
No band on Bliss and no room to dance.

Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature





Carnival Elation 4/99 Mexico
Diamond Princess 1/07 Mexico

RCI Monarch 4/07 Baja Mexico
Carnival Pride 10/07 Mexico
Carnival Paradise 12/07 Baja Mexico
Carnival Spirit 2/08 Exotic Mexico
MS DixieII 8/08 Emerald Bay Lake Tahoe
Sapphire Princess 11/08 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Spirit 1/09 Exotic Mexico
Carnival Splendor 8/09 Mexico
RCI Radiance 11/09 Mexico Thanksgiving
RCI Radiance 4/10 Mexico
NCL Pearl 8/10 Alaska
RCI Mariner 11/10 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Spirit 12/10 Mexico New Years
Norwegian Star 4/11 Mexico
Carnival Spirit 8/11 Alaska
Carnival Spirit 11/11 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Spirit 3/12 Mexico
NCL Gem 8/12 Bahamas
Carnival Splendor 11/12 Mexico Thanksgiving
Carnival Splendor 12/12 Mexico Happy New Year
Sapphire Princess 3/13 Mexico
NCL Pearl 7/13 Alaska
Carnival Miracle 11/13 Mexico Thanksgiving
Crown Princess 4/14 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Freedom 7/14 Southern Caribbean

Carnival Miracle 11/14 Mexico Thanksgiving
Golden Princess 4/15 Sea of Cortez

Carnival Magic 8/15 Western Caribbean
Crown Princess 11/15 Mexico Thanksgiving
Crown Princess 3/16 California Coastal
Carnival Legend 8/16 Alaska
Carnival Miracle 11/16 Mexico Thanksgiving
Ruby Princess 4/17 Mexico
NCL Escape 8/17 Western Caribbean
Ruby Princess 3/18 Mexico
Alberta, Canada
190 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
MyNCL lists Mini Golf on deck 19 as one of the onboard activities. Can someone who's been on the Bliss confirm or deny that there's actually mini golf?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


NCL Dawn January 28, 2018
NCL Getaway May 2015
NCL Sun November 2013
26 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by MyTMo777
MyNCL lists Mini Golf on deck 19 as one of the onboard activities. Can someone who's been on the Bliss confirm or deny that there's actually mini golf?
There is a small 4 or 5 hole mini golf area aft of the race track.