Tour recommendations for Split Croatia

Split is an easy town to walk around. Diocletians Palace is worth seeing. Here’s a link to the Wikipedia page about it https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian%27s_Palace

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you . Do you think it is worth a snorkeling excursion to the Blue Cave and other islands ? Also the link you sent me did not open .

Thank you .

Kathy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you . Do you think it is worth a snorkeling excursion to the Blue Cave and other islands ? Also the link you sent me did not open .

Thank you .

Kathy

Sorry, don’t know about snorkelling in the Blue Cave.

Here’s a different link about Diocletians Palace - let’s hope this works for you http://www.diocletianspalace.org

Sorry, don’t know about snorkelling in the Blue Cave.

Here’s a different link about Diocletians Palace - let’s hope this works for you http://www.diocletianspalace.org

Thank you ! It worked... maybe snorkeling is out? Looks line do much to see and do.

I wouldn't opt for snorkeling. Split is a very unique place and you can certainly spend a day wandering around the old town (which is actually inside a Roman emperor's palace), visiting the basements of the palace, the cathedral (which was originally the emperor's mausoleum) and other bits of the old city. There's also a small but nice archaeology museum. Or just have a nice lunch (very good food) and do a bit of shopping.

If being in Split for the day isn't enough, there is also Trogir which is a short bus ride away. I just visited Trogir last month (on a second visit to Split) but for a first visit, I'd just stay in Split. Despite a lot of recommendations, I didn't find Trogir all that interesting or picturesque -- it is small and was teeming with tourists.

I wouldn't opt for snorkeling. Split is a very unique place and you can certainly spend a day wandering around the old town (which is actually inside a Roman emperor's palace), visiting the basements of the palace, the cathedral (which was originally the emperor's mausoleum) and other bits of the old city. There's also a small but nice archaeology museum. Or just have a nice lunch (very good food) and do a bit of shopping.

If being in Split for the day isn't enough, there is also Trogir which is a short bus ride away. I just visited Trogir last month (on a second visit to Split) but for a first visit, I'd just stay in Split. Despite a lot of recommendations, I didn't find Trogir all that interesting or picturesque -- it is small and was teeming with tourists.

Thank you for your honesty. It is our first time there and maybe walking around and seeing their architecture etc and having a nice lunch is the way to go.

• 4 weeks later...
Was wondering if anyone had gone to the Krka National Park there? Is it worth the drive?

Thanks!

This is what I would choose to do in split. We did a private tour and it was breathtaking and will certainly go again if we had the chance. We walked around Split on our return from the tour and didn't find it anything special. If you spend your time in Split be sure to get some local currency not may places took euros.

Google tours from Split to Krka, there a many tour companies and very reasonable.

This is what I would choose to do in split. We did a private tour and it was breathtaking and will certainly go again if we had the chance. We walked around Split on our return from the tour and didn't find it anything special. If you spend your time in Split be sure to get some local currency not may places took euros.

Google tours from Split to Krka, there a many tour companies and very reasonable.

Would you recommend the tour operator you used? Would you please share, if so? Thank you for your suggestion! We will be there in early September and very excited to see this country!

Would you recommend the tour operator you used? Would you please share, if so? Thank you for your suggestion! We will be there in early September and very excited to see this country!

Its been a few years so I am not sure who we used but if your sailing Celebrity I think they offer a tour and www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com also offers a tour at reasonable price.

You could also check Roll Call for your particular sailing and see if anyone has organized a tour to the park.

Wandering around on your own is easy enough and the ships stop close enough to walk from them to the old town. The market just outside the old town is fun too. One thing we found, however, was that this town was very expensive. We ended up going back to the ship to catch lunch before the buffet closed. They are known for their silk ties and scarves, but if you think you want to purchase one of these, be prepared to pay a lot. I randomly pulled out a scarf to look at it more closely and it was $400. Yowza. And it's true, they don't take euros and our ship (Rhapsody of the Seas) did not do the exchange for Croatian money. We were told not to change too much either because nobody else would take them back if you didn't spend it all. Our stop here was an itinerary change as well. I'm not sure I would choose to return to this port. It was okay, but not great.