Sandal Suggestions

holly701

These are my absolute favorite. https://www.shoes.com/softspots-tela/144006/334379

They aren't for walking long distance or for walking on uneven surfaces. But, they are great. I wear them with pants, capris, dresses and skirts.

My first pair were the tan color and this year I ordered the navy. Oh, so comfy. And, for me with hard to fit feet, that is saying a lot.

I have both plantar fasciitis and fallen arches, and LOVE my Vionic sandals. They have great arch support and cushioning, and they have lots of cute styles, both flat and heels/wedges. I currently have 3 pair, and have seen a few more on the website that I'd like to get.

I have recurring bouts of PF (not active right now, fingers crossed) and have had mixed luck with Vionics. Not all the styles fit me well (about half that I've tried?) and of those I have bought, about half haven't held up well (materials). So, unless I can get them at a really good discount, I've stopped buying them. I have NO problem paying for a well made comfort shoe that isn't going to hurt my foot (and I take care of my shoes - I have a cobbler and everything ;-) and I'll wear them for years - but if they're not going to hold up, they're not worth the money.

Skechers makes cute and super comfortable sandals. I got these in red, they go with everything and they are kinda squishy (in a good way).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LZIY4GS?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

If you're looking for something more economical I also have some cute sandals from Target that turned out to be somesom the most comfortable shoes I own. Not something I would wear all day everyday since they are on the thin side, but they are easy to pack and take no space at all. I got a pair in silver and one in gold that I have worn with shorts as well as dresses.

I wear a lot of Vionics too:) and I have a new favorite as well called TAOS. Just got a new pair on Saturday:D

These are my Taos

and I have this one3610-01192-1042-015-2.jpg

3610-01368-6151-060-2.jpg

I have both plantar fasciitis and fallen arches, and LOVE my Vionic sandals. They have great arch support and cushioning, and they have lots of cute styles, both flat and heels/wedges. I currently have 3 pair, and have seen a few more on the website that I'd like to get.

Hi Meg, I probably have at least a dozen pair of Vionic sandals...…...some with back straps, some slides, all different colors. I love them.:)

I have Taos sandals and Ecco sandals I got 5 yrs ago and I wear a LOT and they're in great shape. Definitely worth the expense to me as my cost per wear is low. The pairs I own hold up way better than any of the vionics I've bought, too ;-)

I don't tend to travel with either - I prefer my super thick soled dansko elenas - they'll handle any terrain.

I have a pair of Taos similar to the ones that Lois posted and they have held up well for me. I've had them for a few years, and I've worn them to Disney so they are good for walking and look cute with skirts too.

Mom wears a pair of black Merrell Slides made out of neoprene(?) For formal nights she wears them with a pair of black socks. Under black pants, can’t tell what she’s wearing unless you look hard. No one’s going to tell ‘a woman of a certain age’ what she should wear on her feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vionic has a TSV coming up on QVC - cute flip flop in several colors, under $50. Sorry, I got the email and ordered last night, but I should have thought to save the item number and post it here! I ordered the platinum, but they also had black, navy, a little bit lighter blue, white, dark pink, rust - think that's all.

Costco has Jambu sandals, on line only for $16.99. Black, red & denim blue. They’re more of an actual Mary Jane shoe but Jambus are great walking shoes & normally over $100. Come in half sizes too. I bought all 3 colors!

Sent from my iPad using Forumsc4bd56dcc8b1775c598c6d27464929ca.jpg

Not the best picture, but you’ll get the idea!

Edited by awhfy

My warehouse had them in the store. I tried on but they were a terrible fit :-( I have a pair of Jambu wedges that are super comfy (except that, as a wedge, I occasionally fall off - I really should only wear flats!)

I swear by Naot. They have a cork footbed that forms to your foot. Plus they’re very light in weight. You can walk all day in them with no fatigue.

I have 1 pair of Naot:)….I really like them a lot too.

It depends what you consider comfortable. Some like a squishy footbed, some like firm support.

I prefer a firm, high arch. Otherwise I get foot fatigue. I have a pair of Keen sandals and a pair of adjustable Chaco sandals. Also a pair of Chaco flip flops and Rainbow flip flops.

I swear by Naot. They have a cork footbed that forms to your foot. Plus they’re very light in weight. You can walk all day in them with no fatigue.

I second Naot as a favorite sandal. Look at the naot.com website for descriptions of the current styles and different footbeds (fit for narrow, medium and wide widths).

I purchase my Naots from Zappos - free shipping with delivery in one day plus free returns.

My Naot sandals have style as well as comfort, definitely favorites.