Teiks or Rothys

CaroleLee

I LOVE Tieks, they are completely worth the money to me and I wear them almost everyday. They are very comfortable and I don't like to wear open toe so are perfect for me,. The sizing has been spot on for me. I did have to return one pair because the stitching was coming loose but that's the only problem I've had. The customer service was great!

Haven't tried Rothys.

I love my Tieks....I have an 11 wide foot and did not have an issue with my Tieks fitting...mail order is pretty much the only way I can get a shoe I like any more anyway....the shoe stores that are left never have my size. As a carry on packer, I love they fold up as well. You can always try them and send them back if they don't work out for you.

Rothys are excellent. I have three pairs and they have quickly become my favorite shoes. They are so comfortable I often prefer them in my house instead of house slippers. Plus, since they are made from recycled water bottles they are also good for the environment. And, they are machine washable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love my Rothys too. I’m up to three pairs and have my eye on another. Im a teacher and they’re super comfy even after long periods of time standing. I was initially concerned about arch support too, so I started out using a gel heel insert. Since then, ive removed it and have been pleasantly surprised at how they’ve remained so comfy. Highly recommend!

• 7 months later...

My first pair of Tieks took six months to break in, no joke. My big toe always felt as though I had dropped a bowling ball on it after a few hours of wear. I still got suckered in by a new color and bought a second pair for God-only-knows what reason......they still hurt my big toe now 4-5 years later.

Bought Rothy’s last year and LOVE THEM. Zero break in period. Have worn them dancing, to work (I stand my entire shift), sightseeing, to concerts, etc. Am slowly collecting more colors. If you buy Rothy’s, get a coupon code from a current cult member. 

• 2 months later...

I've got a pair of Rothys.  Comfy right out of the box.  I have them for work when I wear a skirt.  8 hours on my feet and they are just fine.  Now, if I wore them every day, they might be an issue with no arch support,  but for one day they are good.  I like that they are made from recycled materials and I can toss them in the washing machine.   

They now have Vans-like slip-on sneakers.  I may have to pick up a pair of those!!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:14 AM, Becksie said:

Rothys are excellent. I have three pairs and they have quickly become my favorite shoes. They are so comfortable I often prefer them in my house instead of house slippers. Plus, since they are made from recycled water bottles they are also good for the environment. And, they are machine washable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love them also and also have three pairs, the round toe flat, the "sneaker" and the loafer.  And the fact they're washable is huge.  I likely won't have to but they could be washed in the laundry on the ship.  Air dry.  If they've not been worn or washed they can be returned for a refund, free shipping in both directions.

https://rothys.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 pair of Rothys points, leopard and black. I love them!  I ordered a variety of sizes when I bought them and shipped back what didn’t fit.  They are fantastic to travel with, very lightweight and it doesn’t matter if they get wet as long as they are not exposed to heat while they are wet.  If you choose to buy Rothys, hunt around for a referral code.  It will save you $20.  (I have a referral code that will save you $20 and earn me $20 but I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it in this forum.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bbstx said:

I have 2 pair of Rothys points, leopard and black. I love them!  I ordered a variety of sizes when I bought them and shipped back what didn’t fit.  They are fantastic to travel with, very lightweight and it doesn’t matter if they get wet as long as they are not exposed to heat while they are wet.  If you choose to buy Rothys, hunt around for a referral code.  It will save you $20.  (I have a referral code that will save you $20 and earn me $20 but I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it in this forum.)

I have three pair and am considering white to go with everything.  Two of what I have are pretty bold solid colors.  

Love the Rothy's! I wore them every day all day in Nepal this year, and they were amazing -- so comfortable, and great for slipping on and off for temples, etc. I washed them in the sink when they got dirty and they dried over night. They're my go-to shoes for everything now -- work, travel, running to the store -- and fit my WW/E feet perfectly as long as I go up half a size.

7 hours ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Love the Rothy's! I wore them every day all day in Nepal this year, and they were amazing -- so comfortable, and great for slipping on and off for temples, etc. I washed them in the sink when they got dirty and they dried over night. They're my go-to shoes for everything now -- work, travel, running to the store -- and fit my WW/E feet perfectly as long as I go up half a size.

I love the round toe flat and the loafer but I've found the sneaker to be tight.  And I'm a solid always medium width.  Unfortunately I wore them before I figured this out.  I wore them today...to lunch...and back.  But would wear them all day.  Unfortunately I wear size 11 so there's nothing larger than that.  But I SO love them.  And, yes, the wash-ability is great, isn't it?

11 hours ago, clo said:

I love the round toe flat and the loafer but I've found the sneaker to be tight.  And I'm a solid always medium width.  Unfortunately I wore them before I figured this out.  I wore them today...to lunch...and back.  But would wear them all day.  Unfortunately I wear size 11 so there's nothing larger than that.  But I SO love them.  And, yes, the wash-ability is great, isn't it?

Totally. I didn't think I'd ever want washability in shoes, but it's SO NICE, especially for flats that I like to wear without socks. Any time they get dusty on the outside or stinky on the inside, pop them in the wash and they're good as new. 

22 minutes ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Totally. I didn't think I'd ever want washability in shoes, but it's SO NICE, especially for flats that I like to wear without socks. Any time they get dusty on the outside or stinky on the inside, pop them in the wash and they're good as new. 

Totally x 2 🙂  It IS kinda mind blowing that they can be washed, isn't it?  I'm meeting a bunch of women for breakfast this morning who I have met before.  Trying to decide which shoes to wear...and then I'll get an outfit together.  LOL.

Love my Rothys. Have 3 pair, wear them all day, then even to do my steps at the mall. Love that I can throw them in the wash (although they do 'thunk' in the dryer.)

Am considering wearing them sightseeing on our European cruise next July

8 minutes ago, Barnkitty said:

Love my Rothys. Have 3 pair, wear them all day, then even to do my steps at the mall. Love that I can throw them in the wash (although they do 'thunk' in the dryer.)

They're fantastic for Europe, IMHO. I actually bought my first pair because I needed something that was work appropriate but wouldn't slip on the slick cobblestones here in Israel. They've been excellent, and I haven't ended up on my rear once since I bought them. (This was NOT the case for my prior shoes!)

6 hours ago, Barnkitty said:

Oh, yikes, they definitely don't recommend that you put them in the dryer!