Americans on Costa?

philbob84

Costa are multi-lingual while the European cruises are mainly made up of French/German/Italian with splattering of many other Countries when in the Caribbean lots more American/Canadian join those cruises.

Almost every cruise we have done with Costa ( 27 ) we have met at least two American couples, in the Caribbean the number goes up to roughly 10/15% sometimes lots more.

Whatever cruise you decide on you will always be sat in MDR with other English speaking guests & have a English speaking host.

American here! I agree with your comment that Costa has a lot of great looking itineraries - so we're taking the leap and sailing on their 24-night Transatlantic next spring. We're pretty low-maintenance when we cruise, so we're expecting to have a great time! Hoping to come back here with a glowing report. :)

American here! I agree with your comment that Costa has a lot of great looking itineraries - so we're taking the leap and sailing on their 24-night Transatlantic next spring. We're pretty low-maintenance when we cruise, so we're expecting to have a great time! Hoping to come back here with a glowing report. :)

Please keep in touch about this! :)

Costa are multi-lingual while the European cruises are mainly made up of French/German/Italian with splattering of many other Countries when in the Caribbean lots more American/Canadian join those cruises.

Almost every cruise we have done with Costa ( 27 ) we have met at least two American couples, in the Caribbean the number goes up to roughly 10/15% sometimes lots more.

Whatever cruise you decide on you will always be sat in MDR with other English speaking guests & have a English speaking host.

Do you know about the Indian Ocean Cruises? Those look incredible and so exotic compared to what services the American Market!

It is a few years since with did long haul cruises but then (2008) there were lots more American/Canadians joining at various ports, because of Costa's itineraries and the ability of joining the ships at different departure ports.

To be honest if a itinerary appeals to you go for it as that is what cruising is about, until you get to my age, then it's food and meeting people.

I would expect at least 100/200 English speaking guests, the most we have had just over 500 the least 57 on all far eastern and Caribbean cruises with Costa.You will always meet some at the MDR or meetings.

• 1 month later...

We have sailed Costa in the Caribbean and in Europe. Many, many North Americans on the Caribbean cruise and a total of 42 English speaking on the European cruise.

Has anyone traveled with Costa to South America? How many English speaking passengers would you guess were on board? Just curious of the number of other NA Families would be on-board.

What were your thoughts about the trip? 10-Day trip on Fascinosa. We would stop in Rio, Brazil Beaches, Buenos Aires and Montevideo.

Not many Costa reviews of South American itineraries on CC. I would love to hear from any past cruisers to SA.

• 1 month later...

Which ship what date we are on the Deliziosa March 3 email us at whereisjerrytoday at Yahoo dot com

Has anyone traveled with Costa to South America? How many English speaking passengers would you guess were on board? Just curious of the number of other NA Families would be on-board.

What were your thoughts about the trip? 10-Day trip on Fascinosa. We would stop in Rio, Brazil Beaches, Buenos Aires and Montevideo.

Not many Costa reviews of South American itineraries on CC. I would love to hear from any past cruisers to SA.

We are booked on the Costa Pacifica Nov 2019 from Savona to Buenos Aires, we live in Uruguay at present so thought this a great way to get home.

We have done around the Horn from Buenos Aires to Santiago (Norwegian) and last year from Buenos Aires to Rio for carnival ( Celebrity). About 1/4 -1/3 of the passengers on both cruises were English speaking. Maybe as many from the UK , Australia and NZ as N. America on both and only a handful of children who were pretty well all Spanish speakers. We also met Mexicans, Italians, French, Germans and Brazillians.

We really liked the mix and prefer it to an all N. American ship. I expect our Costa cruise will be mostly Brazillians and Argentinians with some Italian and Spanish but we are not expecting many native English speakers. We shall see!

I will say, it is often difficult for us to practise our Spanish down here, so many locals have better English than my Spanish and quickly switch to English when I open my mouth.

We are booked on the Costa Pacifica Nov 2019 from Savona to Buenos Aires, we live in Uruguay at present so thought this a great way to get home.

We have done around the Horn from Buenos Aires to Santiago (Norwegian) and last year from Buenos Aires to Rio for carnival ( Celebrity). About 1/4 -1/3 of the passengers on both cruises were English speaking. Maybe as many from the UK , Australia and NZ as N. America on both and only a handful of children who were pretty well all Spanish speakers. We also met Mexicans, Italians, French, Germans and Brazillians.

We really liked the mix and prefer it to an all N. American ship. I expect our Costa cruise will be mostly Brazillians and Argentinians with some Italian and Spanish but we are not expecting many native English speakers. We shall see!

I will say, it is often difficult for us to practise our Spanish down here, so many locals have better English than my Spanish and quickly switch to English when I open my mouth.

My wife and I have travel RCCI from Spain to Panama and have been on about 5 Costa Cruises from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean on 7 day trips. From Florida mostly English speaking

with Spanish and other idomas. We will be on the Deliziosa on March to Venice Italy so i know English might be not widely used.

We live in Costa Rica now for about 10 years. Although we can function pretty well in Spanish we will never be fluent as we didn’t start to lean Spanish till well in our 50s

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...