Fastest way to get from cruise pier to VIARail in Montreal?

cruisersmom

I wouldn't worry about it - you don't have to check in 2 hours early for a train. Even if you have a leisurely morning and a late disembarkation, you could walk to the station in plenty of time (it's less than a mile from T1 where the Veendam is docking)... so a cab, Uber etc. will get you and your bags there in less than 10 minutes.

NB: I assume it is the Gare Centrale station you want?

A cab will be quick, and I agree, no rush. Without knowing exactly where you'll be docked, but having seen cruise ships in Old Montreal in the past, it's no biggy. I agree you could walk although with luggage would not be fun.

We'll be doing this at the end of next month, and we too are taking the 11 a.m. train and don't anticipate any big problems since most cruise ships want you off by 9 a.m. We won't be walking, lol, and no doubt will take a cab.

If you're taking the train to NYC, try to get seats on the left side of the train for the best views (until you hit the Hudson River section). Paying a redcap (or whatever they're called in Canada) to take your luggage will get you on the train early and get you the best seats.