Bar Harbor tender question.

TXCruiser78660

I know Bar Harbor uses mostly local tenders. My mother will be traveling with me to Bar Harbor on Holland America's Veendam. She uses both a walker and occasionally a wheelchair. Will she have any issues getting on and off a tender there? Thanks in advance

Sara

I know Bar Harbor uses mostly local tenders. My mother will be traveling with me to Bar Harbor on Holland America's Veendam. She uses both a walker and occasionally a wheelchair. Will she have any issues getting on and off a tender there? Thanks in advance

Sara

On our last visit there this past October we saw many using walkers/wheelchairs getting on/off the tenders and the staff was extremely helpful to those needing it...you and Mom should have a wonderful visit...enjoy Bar Harbor.

We visited Bar Harbor with the Veendam in early October of 2015. The weather at that time was a bit rough, so rough that a cruise ship from another line had to lay over from the previous day. They were not able to tender some passengers back to the ship until the next morning. They actually departing as we were arriving. The Veendam used the tenders carried aboard that time and we did not have any issues.