Fundy national park

happythoughts

We've road-tripped through that part of the coast, so depending what you want to know might have some relevant info... Is it specific to the car renting part, or locations of things/routes to reach them that you're after?

And most importantly, are you perhaps confusing this park with the much-better-known Hopewell Rocks or St Martin Sea Caves, which tend to be the big draws for tourists rather than Fundy which is in-between? It's only a very, very small part of the coast of the eponymous Bay and not the best spot to tidewatch from.

I would love to go to hopewell, but i dint want to drive that far. Was thinking of going to see reversing rapids, st martins caves and maybe do a very short hike in fundy national park. I read that there are some short fundy national park trails to a waterfall ? Have you done this?

We've never actually stopped in Fundy park, no. You've probably found Dickson Falls, which involves only about a mile of walking and ~3 miles driving up and back on Point Wolfe Rd from the highway. We do enjoy a good waterfall, but we're spoiled having grown up near one of Scotland's tallest falls, then living near Niagara Falls and now Shannon and Multnomah, unless there's a hundred foot plus single fall or better we just don't bother. Dickson is more of a 'slide' than a 'fall' so we discounted visiting it (you can actually see it on Google Maps these days, thanks to the man-portable camera packs they've been using to expand their 'street' view data). Most folks seem less picky than we are though, so have a look at the Google Streetview and see if you think you would enjoy it!

Having driven right through the park on the way to Hopewell from Saint John, I vaguely recalled it being less than an hour further to Hopewell (and Google confirms it's actually not much more than 30mins from the east side of the park, where HQ and most of the infrastructure is).

You do have to loop back inland from St Martins, so it's not an efficient route to try and combine both that and the park or Hopewell. Driving to Hopewell takes you right through Fundy NP however, so combining a stop in the park with Hopewell would actually be more efficient than St Martins and the park, about 20mins less driving on average.