Road closure information for routes to Galveston

aknguyen

There have been a number of posts about road closures, construction, and traffic trying to get in and out of Galveston. There is a pretty good website that lists all the planned activities. You can customize the date ranges and it goes pretty far out.

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx

There's also a traffic map if that suits you better. It shows both major airports.

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/layers.aspx?lc=True

The most frequented route to Galveston is I-45 South from Houston. However, there are several routes to get onto I-45 South depending on which airport you're coming into or which part of Houston you're driving into.

I go to Galveston three times a week from the Clear Lake area. The travel times are varied and depending on my business, some of those are busy weekends. The worst delay I’ve experienced in all the new construction is about fifteen minutes.

From the Beltway to the causeway on morning commutes takes about 45 min. Allow for a stop at Buc ee’s and you’re looking at an hour and 10-15 min.

I go to Galveston three times a week from the Clear Lake area. The travel times are varied and depending on my business, some of those are busy weekends. The worst delay I’ve experienced in all the new construction is about fifteen minutes.

From the Beltway to the causeway on morning commutes takes about 45 min. Allow for a stop at Buc ee’s and you’re looking at an hour and 10-15 min.

You can get our of Buc-ee's in 30 minutes?! ;)