sightseeing in new orleans in 4 hours

toppse

hello carnival cruise site members,question:i have only 4 hrs. after cruise{triumph}and wanted to know can i get a streetcar sightseeing ride around an area from cruiseport AND can i get public transportation from cruiseport to airport or should i just walk around cruise area{if there is anything to see}and get transportation to airport immediately to airport{dock at 8:00 and fly out at 4:30}. thank you for your help

If you have 4 hours, I would probably stick to the French Quarter. There is a lot of stuff there. Museums, shops, galleries, restaurants, bars, cafes, lots of people watching. You could take the streetcar down St. Charles Avenue, but it will take more time, or all of your time, depending how far you go and where you get off and on.

• 1 month later...

We (Wife, Son and I) were in the same situation last March. We had a late afternoon flight (5:00PM). Here's what we did:

We check our bags with Advanced Check in (http://www.advancecheckin.com/) I think it was $40 for 5 bags. They were in the cruise terminal and they take the bags direct to the airport for pick up.

We than walked to Cafe Du Monde for Beignets. Wondered through the French Quarter and then hopped on a trolley to the Garden District. Had lunch at about 2:00 and then ordered a Lyft to the airport (about a thirty minute drive and $42 before tip). Gathered our luggage and checked in for our flight.

• 1 month later...

I decided to rent a car for the day. Our ship docks at 7am and our flight is at 4pm. We are a group of four.

Using Costco, I rented a minivan from the Budget at the Hilton close to the pier for $100 for the day. We will put our luggage in there and either tour New Orleans or take a swamp tour and return the minivan to the airport in time for our flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums