First Timer to New Orleans Port and have some Questions

l2f

Hello,

1. Do the hotels in the NOLA convention center area offer free shuttle from the airport (MSY) to their hotel? We are leaning toward staying at Hampton Inn Convention Center.

2. If we wanted a taxi from the hotel to port in the morning, what is the approx cost or would it be a flat rate? We know many hotels offer a shuttle to port but with multi stops at multi ships, (always have sailed from FL) and packed in the van like sardines, we prefer a taxi. Not sure if this would be the case in NOLA with hotel shuttle to port.

3. After the cruise, we will use a taxi back to the airport (MSY) what is the approx cost or would this be a flat rate?

Thanks in Advance

I'll try to answer your questions.

1. None that I know of. You can get a cab($36 flat rate I think) or Uber or Lyft.

2. I would think the taxi rate wouldn't be more than $7 or $8 dollars. It's a short ride from the Hampton Inn.

3. See #1 above. It would be about the same.

Enjoy your cruise and your time in New Orleans.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

1. Do the hotels in the NOLA convention center area offer free shuttle from the airport (MSY) to their hotel? We are leaning toward staying at Hampton Inn Convention Center.

2. If we wanted a taxi from the hotel to port in the morning, what is the approx cost or would it be a flat rate? We know many hotels offer a shuttle to port but with multi stops at multi ships, (always have sailed from FL) and packed in the van like sardines, we prefer a taxi. Not sure if this would be the case in NOLA with hotel shuttle to port.

3. After the cruise, we will use a taxi back to the airport (MSY) what is the approx cost or would this be a flat rate?

Thanks in Advance

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=New-Orleans-LA&lang=en

When I researched I found the uber or lyft was somewhat cheaper.

Nancy

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app