Galveston Parking Garage Across From Terminal

There is no skywalk at the Galveston terminal.

Yes, there is, it connects the port authority's parking garage to the terminal building. This is also open to the public but may be reserved in advance via their website. It is clearly visible on Google Earth and the like.

http://www.portgalvestonparking.com

Edited by pspercy

Yes, there is, it connects the port authority's parking garage to the terminal building. This is also open to the public but may be reserved in advance via their website. It is clearly visible on Google Earth and the like.

http://www.portgalvestonparking.com

Hum, live in the area and have cruised out of Galveston since 2007. I have never seen anyone using the so-called skywalk. The POA website did say if you parked in the garage you had to walk across the street, no mention of a skywalk. I will look closer this weekend when I'm down there. Maybe something I just missed.

I’m not from the area but I’ve also cruised out of Galveston numerous times since the mid 2000’s. I see that skywalk every year and have never seen it used. I tried the first year and couldn’t get in. It sure is a waste of a good idea.

parking-chart.jpg The Port of Galveston provides shuttles for passengers and their luggage for convenience and safety that have parked in our surface lots. Upon returning from your cruise, wait at the convenient covered boarding area in front of the cruise terminal for the shuttles. They will take you with or without luggage to the respective parking lot to retrieve your vehicle. Pedestrian traffic is not recommended outside of the Port of Galveston fence line unless you have parked in our multi-leveled garage located at 150 25th street (directly across from Terminal One). You would walk to and from the terminal if you park in the garage.

Park and Cruise is privately owned and is not included in these owned by PORT but is across the street to west from Shearn Moody Transit Garages .

Shearn Moody and Transit Garages are on corner of Harborside and 25th

I seem to remember the sky-walk ending in the waiting area for the cruise 1 terminal, but it looked walled off IIRC. Park N Cruise is a quick walk across the street and usually there is a traffic cop to stop traffic for you. He doesn't dance like the one in Georgetown Cayman Islands, but he gets you across the street safely.