7-19-18 Thursday Weigh-In........Another Week

Belle

Well Hello Night Owls!

Jan are you up every night or just weekends? You still work weekdays

don't you?

Etta Nice to be retired. Are you use to not going to work now?

Be glad to talk at night/early morning. In fact the time you see is an

hour earlier than I'm really talking. Like you see 8 something it's really 9 something.

Tried to change but really doesn't matter.

Are we all on different time zones? That will make it interesting.

Will be checking to see if talking now or later.

Edited by Belle

Our company left. I weighed myself Monday morning and I didn't gain. Yeah.

Still very hot in the Sacramento area, 106 today. Nice in the mornings though. Hubby and I did some yard work yesterday morning, was nice.

We even sat outside on Saturday with a glass of wine when our friend came. But we only lasted about 20 minutes, just too hot.

We bought a pretty table and chairs set and set up a gezebo over it so at least we had some shade.

I am definitely not a nightowl.

After working 37 years typical 8am-5pm and commuting my body is automatically ready for bed at 10pm. I'm definitely a morning person.

Have my bad nights though when I wake up at 2am or 3am and am up for a couple of hours but I stay in bed and count sheep or something until I fall back asleep.

Take care, Diana

BELLE and others - so glad to have found you'all☺

Belle, I retired in May but want some part time work, thinking i could earmark the bit earned for cruises! As for being up at night, my parents used to say i was like that even as a child. My husband is a morning person, extremely, chatty and happy no matter how early. I think there is a genetic component to it. He has learned that i don't want to talk for a while when first up.

Am trying to diet gently without getting stressed over it, because I eat more if I stress over it. Sort of have to sneak up on it. Harder since I am retired and home now.

May you each have a blessed day.

BELLE and others - so glad to have found you'all☺

Belle, I retired in May but want some part time work, thinking i could earmark the bit earned for cruises! As for being up at night, my parents used to say i was like that even as a child. My husband is a morning person, extremely, chatty and happy no matter how early. I think there is a genetic component to it. He has learned that i don't want to talk for a while when first up.

Am trying to diet gently without getting stressed over it, because I eat more if I stress over it. Sort of have to sneak up on it. Harder since I am retired and home now.

May you each have a blessed day.

I get it. I want my coffee and my ipad to wake up! No tv and definitely no human conversation. (Talking to the cat is ok.:D) Mr Ski is chatty as soon as his eyes pop open. When we are on the ship, even if there are plenty of empty tables he prefers to sit with others to chat. (asks others if we can sit with them!) My "rule" is he can do that at lunch and dinner but breakfast is a two-top. It is ok if they are in our "group" as they know me or will understand when I say "don't talk to me":D....just can't party crash strangers at breakfast.

My husb was the youngest of 9 children, seems to thrive on conversation with others, never met a stranger. We have learned for the most part to handle our differences. As for dieting, he's supportive since he wants to continue shedding pounds too. But darn, he's a good cook!

On royal cruises, he goes early early to the promenade cafe, maybe 5am, knows not to expect me up for two more hours or more, then we eat together in Windjammer. He of course talks to everybody.

Diana yes you live where it's hot. Glad you didn't gain with company.

Watch out if have leftovers. Use to do that, not eat much but then the leftovers

were fair game!:D

Ski I never think I've ever gone to bed at 9 pm maybe if sick.

Etta Glad you found your way here.

Funny how night people find morning people and one talks always more than the other.

Could be the morning people get up to have free time from us and the one that talks less

is because they can't get in a word in!:D

That's what makes a marriage/friendship interesting/wonderful!

BELLE - I think sometimes a partner's trait can be charming till marriage, then become annoying. My husb retired some yrs before me, and I think he sometimes wishes I'd go back to work. The house was all his. (small house).

Well Hello Night Owls!

Jan are you up every night or just weekends? You still work weekdays

don't you?

Etta Nice to be retired. Are you use to not going to work now?

Be glad to talk at night/early morning. In fact the time you see is an

hour earlier than I'm really talking. Like you see 8 something it's really 9 something.

Tried to change but really doesn't matter.

Are we all on different time zones? That will make it interesting.

Will be checking to see if talking now or later.

Belle - I retired 2 years ago, but find that I am getting bored and keep thinking of finding something part time to do. I am an accountant and I have done volunteer taxes for the past 17 years (I worked in a financial institution and had tax season "free") ... I still enjoy doing taxes, but I've thought about perhaps getting a job for less then 20 hours and working in retail for something different. My DH is still working, but says he is going to go part time later this year (we will see).

This has been a difficult time, my MIL died two years ago, 4 days after my youngest DS got married, then my DD moved back home with her 3 yr old, she just moved out this weekend, and I think her life is going to be ok, she now has someone that really cares for her. We are going on a cruise in Sept and are taking my youngest DS (who got married 2 years ago) and his spouse and his MIL .. a few weeks ago her daughter died at 36 ... leaving two boys (14 & 16) ... we are now taking them with us, as they need to be with their grandmother ... I just want all of them to enjoy as much as possible and all to have time to enjoy each others company. Life is always interesting ..... perhaps that is why I'm having a difficult time sleeping and seem to be wandering the halls at night. Thanks for listening. Jan

Jan didn't know you were retired. Would say congrats but you want to work again. That's wrong!:D

I don't want to work again! Is your husband having a hard time giving up job? Tell him to do it.

Life is to short. Enjoy each other. Glad your taking a cruise. Sorry about your sons MIL's daughter,

now raising/rearing two teenagers. Bet they miss their mother so much.

Sorry you've had so many things happening good and bad. I understand not sleeping because of it.

While you weren't here don't know if you read the posts. Some of reason I don't sleep is because,

husband died in 2015, one of best friends five months later (we talked everyday) my mother ten months later

in 2016. Started when taking care of husband, late night time was my free time. Plus now have to take care of

everything big and small in house and just everything else that goes with living by myself. Don't like it.

Boy I just let it out, guess needed to vent at this moment. Thank you for listening.

You gals are so precious.

I want to work part time but haven't gotten up the nerve or whatever to seek interviews. Would like to work from home, maybe transcription or data entry, or writing/proofreading, but the internet leads look like scams. It's hard not to be eating all the time since i'm home, and i sit too much. Would like to earn cruise "fun money."

Belle, are you well enough to cruise? I haven't gone back and read lots of previous posts.

Jan, when i think of Maine, I think of my brothers going hunting there. We grew up in PA. I also think of mosquitoes, not sure why!

As a child I remember coming home from school, and there would be a deer hanging from the tree, which my parents would dress, wrap, freeze, feed us thru the winter.

{{{Hugs}}} to you too, Jan.

Belle, have you considered hiring out some of the least desirable jobs? I know $ can be an issue, but after we paid our house off we started paying to have someone mow our lawn - best $ spent :) Local churches or possibly colleges or senior centers might be able to connect you with someone able bodied to do light jobs for a reasonable price.

My sympathies on the loss of your husband. My mom was sick enough for many years before her passing that we recognized her death as a blessing and peace for her, but 13 years later I still miss her <3

Etta - what part of PA did you live? I grew up in NW Erie County, and live in the Susquehanna River Valley now. Have you considered temp agencies? When I started "real" jobs in my 20's I worked for several agencies doing quite a bit of data entry/light accounting work. It wasn't great money, but did offer flexibility and variety. Plus you don't have to do as many interviews/applications.

I'm a homemaker now (which was what I wanted to be as a little girl) so I guess I'm sort of retired. Two teens keep me very busy though, and I'm sure "retired" life will look very different when they are gone and husband is home full time. My in-laws recently retired and are giving us a great example to aspire to with a mix of vacations, local groups, and home projects.

Catch everyone on the next weekly thread!

I do love this board ... everyone is very kind, helpful and understanding.

Belle - Life is always interesting and changing ... not always the way we want it to be. I had known about your husband and mom, but didn't know about your friend ... that is also really difficult ... I lost my best friend to breast cancer a few years back and find that I still pick up the phone to call her before it sinks in ...

Etta - my DH is a hunter (now it is mostly for the enjoyment of being outdoors in the woods with nature ... I always hope he won't get a deer). I didn't grow up with hunting, but for 45 years have lived with DH, so I do get excited for him .. We have "no see-ums" in the spring/summer and then mosquitoes from about June-Sept ... they are horrible ... its a beautiful state but I'll never be a bug person!!!

Time to post on the newest thread ... thanks everyone !!