Loose skin

Tony UK

Congrats on your loss! They say exercise helps. Lots of exercise!

Hate to say this because I don't know your age. The younger you

are your skin tightens up faster. Older, don't tighten up as much.

Just be happy you lost the weight, now healthier and looking good!

Thanks so much. Ithought that would be the case. I intend not to cover up as it is my medal of honor for losing the weight.

I walk my 10,000 steps a day and have cut out potatoes bread pasta and rice. I have lost the weight since March this year. I was pre diabetic but no longer.

I am trying to regularise my weight or the clothes I have bought wont fit!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
You could try massaging the areas, with either a cream or oil. At the very least it will increase blood circulation,which can only help.

I lost 66 pounds and found myself with a similar problem .I have tried everything (not surgery) and nothing has worked .

Congrats to everyone for the weight loss. The only thing that can be done besides surgery is to add muscular size. Get a trainer, join a good gym etc, and tell the trainer you want to gain muscle.

I belong to a gym and have worked with a trainer.I exercise 5 days a week,one hour a day.

I lost a similar amount of weight and ended up with the same problem. And I refuse to have surgery for it. I'm glad that the extra skin is on my thighs and upper arms and not quite so prevalent on my torso. This happened a few years ago and looked into it and realized that not a lot can be done short of surgery. I walk about an average of 8 miles a day and I bike. I have thigh muscles. You just can't see them because of all the skin. So after thinking that now I'll have a great swimsuit bod, I looked hideous from the hips to the knees. I bought a couple of cheap little shorts to wear over my swimsuit to cover up the worst of it. So it's ok. Now I'm 63 and this doesn't bother me so much, because, hey, I'm an old(ish) lady with jiggly arms and thighs. Big deal. Tony UK, congratulations on the weight loss and taking control of your health. I hope you can come to terms with the extra skin, that nasty badge of accomplishment.

I kinda knew I would have some loose skin....however it is mainly on the front of my thighs and upper and lower arms.

I have now lost 70 pounds and still have around 21 to go. My husband Tony keeps telling me I dont need to lose more but I want to get to my target weight. We cruise next month and I have decided to show all! I have spent too much of my life covering up...

65 is the new 55 isnt it? If others dont like it its their problem.

Angie

I have lost around 65 pounds. I am thrilled BUT now I have ugly folds of skin on my arms and thighs in particular. Other than surgery can anything be done?

No. Period. No creams, no skin brushing, zero. I’m sorry, but no need to waste good money. The only time “toning” works is when you have not lost much and the new muscle takes the place of the old fat. That is never the case if someone is over 30 and/or lost more than 20-30 lbs. I’m sorry, don’t shoot the messager (I tell you the truth because I have been there). I will say that yummie tummie brand is super comfy and better priced than Spanx. Surgery is rough, but worth it IMHO

• Like 1

No. Period. No creams, no skin brushing, zero. I’m sorry, but no need to waste good money. The only time “toning” works is when you have not lost much and the new muscle takes the place of the old fat. That is never the case if someone is over 30 and/or lost more than 20-30 lbs. I’m sorry, don’t shoot the messager (I tell you the truth because I have been there). I will say that yummie tummie brand is super comfy and better priced than Spanx. Surgery is rough, but worth it IMHO

I guess I'm the exception to this rule. I lost over 50# while in my 40's, but it was at the rate of 1-2# per week. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have sagging skin with it. Unfortunately, I have regained most of that weight:mad: and am in the process of losing again:rolleyes:

I do suspect that any rapid weight loss (keto, surgery, etc) would lead to saggy skin.

I guess I'm the exception to this rule. I lost over 50# while in my 40's, but it was at the rate of 1-2# per week. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have sagging skin with it. Unfortunately, I have regained most of that weight:mad: and am in the process of losing again:rolleyes:

I do suspect that any rapid weight loss (keto, surgery, etc) would lead to saggy skin.

It took me 3 years - I worked out almost every day, I ate super healthy - I had lots of skin. I think you are the exception and not the rule. Happy for you, but definitely the exception in my experience personally and working with others in my occupation. I don’t wish it on anyone, but I also don’t wish people to spend a lot of money on creams etc that aren’t going to work. Most of us don’t lay out many 1,000s because we wish too (but because there is no other option if we want it gone or reduced).

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am 14 pounds from my target weight....I wonder if that is loose skin!

We cruise in September and I am so looking forward to it.

Surgery would leave scars and is so expensive. Right now I will need to prove to myself that I can keep my weight at this level in the long term.

Good luck everyone xx

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am 14 pounds from my target weight....I wonder if that is loose skin!

We cruise in September and I am so looking forward to it.

Surgery would leave scars and is so expensive. Right now I will need to prove to myself that I can keep my weight at this level in the long term.

Good luck everyone xx

Tony, some fat clings to the skin and no doubt there is skin left (most people have 5-7 lbs of skin removed in all unless there were extremely large, 300 and up, so absolutely some is skin!). And surgery is expensive, yes, too expensive (don’t get me started on the fact ****** is covered but losing weight and skin would not be... we aren’t at all logical with that system). Note that most of the scars aren’t bad (so you know).

I think the important thing, as you say, is being healthy. Yummie Tummie and other products make a huge difference! And as you also point out, you first have to maintain (a year minimum is even required for surgery). Good luck, this is the hard part - it’s a process, but you will keep learning and get through it. You have done such a good job to lose what you have - best wishes for the future! :) :) :)