Our 10 night Greek Island Cruise on Constellation

Nancy717

Thanks for the great review. I do have a question for you. When you went on these excursions everything was in euros. Do you pay in that currency or did you use a credit card. Just wondering.

The excursions I booked with Tours with locals , I paid the entire cost on a CC prior to the excursion

For our Santorini Tour I paid a deposit with a CC, the balance with Euros

Athens was all Euro at the end

The car rentals both

The Crete excursion was with a CC ( it was booked thru Costco)

Kayaking was Kuna

I started getting Euro when we got off the ship , everyday from an ATM, as I read they give the best exchange rate.

Final Sea Day..and Marco Polo Airport :(

..I always like to have my last day be a sea day, so I can relax , and pack and enjoy the last bit of the ship.

I got up,early, the "kids " were out late enjoying the night on board, before having to get up,early the next day

I went up to the buffet, it was very quiet, I guess everyone was sleeping late.

I got my favorite breakfast and found a nice table outside and just enjoyed the quite, the wake and reflected on the trip.

When the "kids" finally did get up we enjoyed hanging out on deck, the boys went to the gym and played basketball..

I stopped by guest relations to thank them for all their efforts to locate the luggage..

It was a leisurely day, with a final fun dinner ..

Disembarkation..and Marco Polo

I had read that Marco Polo was very chaotic and slow moving...and that you should have Transportstion set up .

We had 2 flights, 1 at 12:05 and 1 at 1:10.. the 4 younger "kids" were flying from Venice to Paris to Washington DC, at 12:05. I was flying with #1 DD from Venice to JFK to Miami.

After all I read I thought we should be at the airport early...big mistake..unlike airports in the USA, you can not even check in until 2 hours for a domestic flight and 3 hours prior to an International flight..so the earliest any of could check in was 10 AM...

We left the ship in group # 5, which was about 8:30 AM, in our pre-booked taxi and at the airport at 9 AM ish...

Well, we thought we could track down the luggage..but oh no it was in a holding area to be shipped home ..

We finally checked in a very slow process and proceeded to the business class lounge...not the best I have seen but OK..

They did have a board which listed the flights and boarding times..in no time the younger "kids " were off and so were we....:(

Everyone arrived home safely....except for the luggage

..up next final thoughts and the saga of the luggage

Final Sea Day..and Marco Polo Airport :(

..I always like to have my last day be a sea day, so I can relax , and pack and enjoy the last bit of the ship.

I got up,early, the "kids " were out late enjoying the night on board, before having to get up,early the next day

I went up to the buffet, it was very quiet, I guess everyone was sleeping late.

I got my favorite breakfast and found a nice table outside and just enjoyed the quite, the wake and reflected on the trip.

When the "kids" finally did get up we enjoyed hanging out on deck, the boys went to the gym and played basketball..

I stopped by guest relations to thank them for all their efforts to locate the luggage..

It was a leisurely day, with a final fun dinner ..

Disembarkation..and Marco Polo

I had read that Marco Polo was very chaotic and slow moving...and that you should have Transportstion set up .

We had 2 flights, 1 at 12:05 and 1 at 1:10.. the 4 younger "kids" were flying from Venice to Paris to Washington DC, at 12:05. I was flying with #1 DD from Venice to JFK to Miami.

After all I read I thought we should be at the airport early...big mistake..unlike airports in the USA, you can not even check in until 2 hours for a domestic flight and 3 hours prior to an International flight..so the earliest any of could check in was 10 AM...

We left the ship in group # 5, which was about 8:30 AM, in our pre-booked taxi and at the airport at 9 AM ish...

Well, we thought we could track down the luggage..but oh no it was in a holding area to be shipped home ..

We finally checked in a very slow process and proceeded to the business class lounge...not the best I have seen but OK..

They did have a board which listed the flights and boarding times..in no time the younger "kids " were off and so were we....:(

Everyone arrived home safely....except for the luggage

..up next final thoughts and the saga of the luggage

You're certainly correct about Marco Polo's business lounge ---it's not great! However, you should have seen it a few years ago! It was awful!

Worst business lounge for us: Luxor. A huge room with a few sofas and smelly, flooded toilets ----oh, no food or drink was available either!

Final thoughts and the luggage saga

If I had to rate this vacation, I would say it was just about perfect.

Now this was my 10th celebrity cruise, but the first in Europe..so I did not have a lot of comparisons for Europe.

Or maybe it was the fact that this trip was a celebration that my DD has a new life and her sister :halo: unselfishly gave her that gift, and the rest of us supported them through the years on uncertainty..

Please indulge me to to to stress the need for organ donation, a living donor saves a life

..but as far as the luggage...it finally showed up on her doorstep at 5 AM 2 weeks after we got home....with everything accounted for.....:)

Still waiting for reimbursement for all the clothing she had to purchase...

Amazing!!! At least your DD did not have to wash her clothes. :D

Did you use the same taxi service to take you back to the airport that you did at the beginning of the trip?

Thank you for the review. So glad that you had a great time! ;)

Yes, we used the same taxi service, but honestly if you area oertybof less than 3 there were plenty of cabs waiting..for 6 of us we wanted to make sure we had one big enough for all of us ..

That's what I told her about the clothes :)