Bonaire Golf Cart Rental, Great Way To Sightsee Excursion!

cruiseguys2009

We'd love to do both but they have some of the worlds best snorkeling and not really from the beach. Have to take a tour or the ferry boat.

Maybe if we go a few more times, just too hard to pass up the snorkeling in Bonaire.

Touring in golf carts sound like a lot of fun. We have quite a few people from our roll call signed up for them.

enjoy

The snorkeling is awesome and we did that a few years ago. The past three out of four cruises in the last two years we have done the carts and each time there is something new to discover that we missed the last time. And everyone in Bonaire is so friendly!!!

Also forgot to mention we do not own snorkeling gear. I'll need to check into how expensive this is to buy.

Don't need to buy it. Woodwind provides everything, they sanitize it and they fit the snorkel mask to your face. No leakage at all.

For beginners, ask if Dee will be there when you go. She is awesome and very patient with beginners.

Don't need to buy it. Woodwind provides everything, they sanitize it and they fit the snorkel mask to your face. No leakage at all.

For beginners, ask if Dee will be there when you go. She is awesome and very patient with beginners.

He was talking about snorkeling on the golf cart tour not on woodwind.

Thank you for letting us know about the third person. I checked with the cart company and they did have 4 person golf carts but no longer. They took them out of service recently, only 2 person carts now. What a great idea to do both, however, in the case of taylortime05, 7AM arrival and 3PM departure cuts it close, could be busy busy busy! Our arrival on November 1st is 7AM to 4PM, but we still have to be back on the ship by 3PM.

Did you find the north tour longer? What did you feel in your opinion made it better? I am curious to compare notes.

We were also in port from 7-4. We didn’t get our cart until 8:45. The north tour took us 2 1/2 hours. We stopped at the distillery and were able to see LOTS of flamingos that were MUCH closer than the south tour. We also went through some of the neighborhoods and checked out some houses that were for sale. The south tour took us about 1 hour 40 mns. We don’t have snorkel gear so didn’t stop to snorkel. The south tour just wasn’t for us, although we enjoyed the whole thing. We were back to the ship by 1:15 and were required to be back on at 3.30 so we had plenty of time to do both

Check out Bonaire roadrunners. Guided tour for 5 hours ended at spice beach for a couple of hours. You drive a twizy. Super fun like driving a golf cart we had ours going over 80 Kim’s per hour. Did north tour. Most of the way is one way so you whip around curvy hilly roads. It is like being on a go cart track. An alternative to golf carts. It was hot but you do get a great breeze

Check out Bonaire roadrunners. Guided tour for 5 hours ended at spice beach for a couple of hours. You drive a twizy. Super fun like driving a golf cart we had ours going over 80 Kim’s per hour. Did north tour. Most of the way is one way so you whip around curvy hilly roads. It is like being on a go cart track. An alternative to golf carts. It was hot but you do get a great breeze

I saw that but I am too afraid and scared to do this. And..... since I don't like roller coasters, tight curves, speed and off road vehicles, this would not be for Jerome and myself.

Thank you for all the great information. If you snorkel where the ship docks or along the golf cart tour do you need a local license/permit? I have read that you do not need them with a Celebrity excursion, but I don’t understand what is required if you are on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for all the great information. If you snorkel where the ship docks or along the golf cart tour do you need a local license/permit? I have read that you do not need them with a Celebrity excursion, but I don’t understand what is required if you are on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just provided our Drivers License and Credit Card. We brought along our Mask, Fins and Snorkel gear and stopped twice to snorkel and was not worried a bit. I really don't foresee need for a special license for snorkeling along the public areas specifically placed for this activity