Kettles

HoneyandMe

:)I read somewhere in these posts about "kettles" on the Silhouette.

I am assuming kettles are teapots or something in which you can boil water. Please correct me if I am wrong. More importantly, is there a pot of some sort in which you can boil water for coffee or tea in the balcony staterooms? Sailing on December 21, 2018.

Thanks.

I am assuming kettles are teapots or something in which you can boil water. Please correct me if I am wrong. More importantly, is there a pot of some sort in which you can boil water for coffee or tea in the balcony staterooms? Sailing on December 21, 2018.

Thanks.

Yes, they heat water only. I have been pleasantly surprised several times if I ask the cabin steward. It never hurts to ask!

Just been on Reflection and when the Cabin Steward came to introduce himself he asked if we would like a Kettle.

We were not sailing from Southampton either.

We were likewise asked by our steward on our recent Infinity cruise. He presumably picked up on the fact that we were from UK and would want a kettle.

Thanks.

Not been on Silhouette yet but stewards on Summit Equinox and Reflection all have provided electric kettle along with some cups and saucers when I've asked.

I'm not a huge fan of either their "free" teas or the TeaForte brand of "upgraded" bags, so generally bring my own set up of leaves and bags.

They add them to the cruises out of the UK ports because they don’t want the Brits coming out of their cabins without a ‘spot’ of tea......could get very, very ugly!

Den

Yes, we're vile evil beings without immediate access to a freshly brewed cuppa!! ;p