Brent Nixon on Solstice

Barwick Cruiser

I have enjoyed Brent Nixon's lectures, as well as his wife Miss Amanda, on a previous Alaska sailing on the Solstice and I'm wondering if they stay on the ship when it goes to NZ/Aus in the winter? We're looking to do a cruise down under next winter and am hoping they're onboard to give talks.

I have enjoyed Brent Nixon's lectures, as well as his wife Miss Amanda, on a previous Alaska sailing on the Solstice and I'm wondering if they stay on the ship when it goes to NZ/Aus in the winter? We're looking to do a cruise down under next winter and am hoping they're onboard to give talks.

Barwick Cruiser - not sure if you have ever visited Brent's website, but he has information posted about upcoming lectures. I am taking a cut/paste from his calendar section and have included this link.

Now through October 19, 2018 - Celebrity Solstice

It has just been confirmed that I will be sailing on the Solstice in Alaska throughout the summer

(except July 20 - 27), and returning to Sydney in October when Solstice repositions back to

Australia/New Zealand. Shows about Coral Reefs, Sharks, Stingrays, Green Sea Turtles, and

Dolphins will happen during the central Pacific cruises. Alaska has its own wonders of Brown

and Black Bears, Sea Otters, Seals and Sea Lions, Bald Eagles, Orca, and the famous Humpback Whales. I hope to see you on these cruises.

Thanks, Vulcan, for this info and the link. It appears he's in Sydney in October for the NZ/Aus transition but he's also back in California and Oregon for separate events. Wonder how much he's actually on the ship down under. Maybe someone on one of those itineraries posts a daily and I can see what to expect.

We are on the Sailing to South Pacific from Oct 20 Would love to know what to expect on talks etc if anyone knows. I can't quite make out if he is on our sailing or not. Many Thanks

I had a similar question once and emailed him and he answered .

Great speaker. We were on two different cruises with him and went to all his talks. On the last night of the 2nd cruise he sat down next to me at in the main theater . I told him how much I enjoyed all of his shows etc. and he smiled, said thank you and put up his glass of wine and we toasted. Great memory from an amazing person.

Thanks, Vulcan, for this info and the link. It appears he's in Sydney in October for the NZ/Aus transition but he's also back in California and Oregon for separate events. Wonder how much he's actually on the ship down under. Maybe someone on one of those itineraries posts a daily and I can see what to expect.

We are on the Oct.29 Solstice for 10 day Great Barrier Reef and Back to back Nov. 8-20 to New Zealand cruise from NH. Is this gentleman on our cruises? My husband loves lectures of nature. 30 Celebrity cruises so far.

We are on the Oct.29 Solstice for 10 day Great Barrier Reef and Back to back Nov. 8-20 to New Zealand cruise from NH. Is this gentleman on our cruises? My husband loves lectures of nature. 30 Celebrity cruises so far.

As suggested by CrusieToy in post #5, you could email Brent directly. It would likely be faster than waiting for someone to come to this thread and speculate on the possibility.

Am not sure which cruise you are sailing, but we are on the 12/13 departure of Solstice from Auckland to Sydney. We also enjoyed Brent Nixon in Alaska, and I have found the website of the naturalist sailing with our cruise: http://chelseastories.com/wander/. Someone on our roll call posted that Chelsea was the naturalist for our cruise, but I'm not sure how she found out. Maybe call Celebrity?

Our first cruise ever was the Solstice's first cruise in Alaska. We also enjoyed Brent. I had to chuckle during his talk on whales. He spoke that boats & people show always stay far away from them so you don't stress them out. Later he talk about a time when he was invited to join a study on them. They used kayaks to get right up next to them "I even reached out and touched one" he joyfully said. At the risk of getting too political but it funny how certain groups will demand YOU don't do something but give themselves a pat on the back when THEY do it. You see kids, when I do it its totally different.

We are on the Sailing to South Pacific from Oct 20 Would love to know what to expect on talks etc if anyone knows. I can't quite make out if he is on our sailing or not. Many Thanks

So sorry but we get off on Oct 16th. Hopefully next year we'll be back again but nothing has been confirmed. Thanks, Brent and Mary Amanda

Am not sure which cruise you are sailing, but we are on the 12/13 departure of Solstice from Auckland to Sydney. We also enjoyed Brent Nixon in Alaska, and I have found the website of the naturalist sailing with our cruise: http://chelseastories.com/wander/. Someone on our roll call posted that Chelsea was the naturalist for our cruise, but I'm not sure how she found out. Maybe call Celebrity?

So sorry but Brent and Mary Amanda leave Solstice on Oct 16th. Hopefully returning next year. Chelsea will not be the naturalist on board til December.

Again, Brent and Mary Amanda leave Solstice on October 16. Hopefully returning next year but no news yet???? Thanks for your support.

Barwick Cruiser - not sure if you have ever visited Brent's website, but he has information posted about upcoming lectures. I am taking a cut/paste from his calendar section and have included this link.

Now through October 19, 2018 - Celebrity Solstice

It has just been confirmed that I will be sailing on the Solstice in Alaska throughout the summer

(except July 20 - 27), and returning to Sydney in October when Solstice repositions back to

Australia/New Zealand. Shows about Coral Reefs, Sharks, Stingrays, Green Sea Turtles, and

Dolphins will happen during the central Pacific cruises. Alaska has its own wonders of Brown

and Black Bears, Sea Otters, Seals and Sea Lions, Bald Eagles, Orca, and the famous Humpback Whales. I hope to see you on these cruises.

Brent and Mary Amanda leave Solstice on Oct 16. No news if they are returning next year?????

I have confirmed (personally) with Naturalist, Chelsea Behymer that she will be on board the Celebrity Solstice for the Dec 13th and 23rd sailings (2018).

Although I would have loved to have experienced Brent’s lectures, I am sure those on the December itineraries will enjoy Chelsea’s as well :) She was our Naturalist on board for South America last December and we had loads of fun on deck searching for cetaceans & birds.

IMG_8749-M.jpg

Edited by hvbaskey

• 2 weeks later...