Infinity 2020 charters

wwcruisers

Just wanted to give anyone looking to book Infinity in 2020 a heads-up: It has been chartered for the Smooth Jazz cruise(s) on the following dates: Jan 18-25, and March 14-21. The folks who put on the SJC also do other jazz charters -- so more dates may be disappearing from Infinity's 2020 inventory. Also, anyone interested in booking one of the Smooth Jazz sailings -- a quick Google search will take you to the website, with all of the necessary info. Also, there is an ongoing discussion of 'music cruises', over on the 'Specialty Cruising' boards. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update to this thread that I started. It has been two weeks since I booked the Smooth Jazz Cruise charter, sailing on March 14, 2020 (Infinity). Yet, the X website STILL lists the Infinity 5-nighter for that same date. When I saw it today, I thought maybe they just hadn't taken it down from the X website yet. However, when I tried doing a 'dummy booking' -- I was able to get all the way through cabin selection. So, I am assuming that someone could actually still book this cruise -- which was chartered two weeks ago! Not really fair, to the poor folks who plan their vacation around a sailing that is sure to go "poof' -- eventually.:(

Just an update to this thread that I started. It has been two weeks since I booked the Smooth Jazz Cruise charter, sailing on March 14, 2020 (Infinity). Yet, the X website STILL lists the Infinity 5-nighter for that same date. When I saw it today, I thought maybe they just hadn't taken it down from the X website yet. However, when I tried doing a 'dummy booking' -- I was able to get all the way through cabin selection. So, I am assuming that someone could actually still book this cruise -- which was chartered two weeks ago! Not really fair, to the poor folks who plan their vacation around a sailing that is sure to go "poof' -- eventually.:(

Maybe it is not a full ship charter. I have seen situations where there are "specialty" events onboard and you are not allowed to attend unless you booked through the specific event planner and got the wrist bands or whatever they passed out for crowd control. If anyone is interested in this sailing BUT NOT the music aspect of it, I would recommend calling X and making sure you would not be cancelled down the road.

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to give anyone looking to book Infinity in 2020 a heads-up: It has been chartered for the Smooth Jazz cruise(s) on the following dates: Jan 18-25, and March 14-21. The folks who put on the SJC also do other jazz charters -- so more dates may be disappearing from Infinity's 2020 inventory.
A quick update to this: That company has now announced the dates of two more jazz charters on Celebrity Infinity on 25 January 2020 and 1 February 2020. In other words, it is repeating the routine pattern of taking a ship for three consecutive weeks of jazz charters. All these weeks have already been taken off sale by Celebrity so should not cause anyone any problems.

The 14 March 2020 week has not yet been taken off sale by Celebrity. On past form, it is also possible that the company will actually take the ship for two consecutive weeks so that it can put on another music charter, but I haven't seen any announcement about any additional week so this is just speculation on my part.

That same company has been doing an 80’s Cruise the past few years. (On Summit last year and this year, on Infinity next year), so that will be another week that will probably be blocked out at some point, most likely a week in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That same company has been doing an 80’s Cruise the past few years. (On Summit last year and this year, on Infinity next year), so that will be another week that will probably be blocked out at some point, most likely a week in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 80's cruise is March 2-9th. I have a friend that booked last year.

Just wanted to give anyone looking to book Infinity in 2020 a heads-up: It has been chartered for the Smooth Jazz cruise(s) on the following dates: Jan 18-25, and March 14-21. The folks who put on the SJC also do other jazz charters -- so more dates may be disappearing from Infinity's 2020 inventory. Also, anyone interested in booking one of the Smooth Jazz sailings -- a quick Google search will take you to the website, with all of the necessary info. Also, there is an ongoing discussion of 'music cruises', over on the 'Specialty Cruising' boards. :cool:

Used DuckDuckGo search engine (they don't track you). Smooth Jazz website was first entry. I like Peter White and he is on 2020 sailings. Prices are high. Guess that is the entertainment premium! Hope to go on one someday.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Used DuckDuckGo search engine (they don't track you). Smooth Jazz website was first entry. I like Peter White and he is on 2020 sailings. Prices are high. Guess that is the entertainment premium! Hope to go on one someday.

Thanks for posting.

Sam, I used to think the same thing about the SJC prices, until DH and I went on one, earlier this year. If you were to price out every single act that you see, in terms of shore-side concert tickets -- you'll see that the jazz cruise quickly becomes a bargain! One of my favorite shows on that cruise was watching Peter White play on the beach stage, at Coco Cay! :cool:

Sam, I used to think the same thing about the SJC prices, until DH and I went on one, earlier this year. If you were to price out every single act that you see, in terms of shore-side concert tickets -- you'll see that the jazz cruise quickly becomes a bargain! One of my favorite shows on that cruise was watching Peter White play on the beach stage, at Coco Cay! :cool:

Thanks very much for your thoughts/insight. That is a nice addition to have them play on shore too if you go to a private beach (I am assuming only on a private beach) I understand the al a carte pricing too.

I have booked the sailing from the 10th February 2020 on the Infinity - showing in my planner but disappeared from the website - maybe another sailing they have charted ?
Indeed: I noticed the growing hole in Infinity's schedule when I last looked, and posted about it here. That's reflected in the listings on cruisetimetables.com. There must be a significant risk that your booking will be cancelled by the cruise line.

I have booked the sailing from the 10th February 2020 on the Infinity - showing in my planner but disappeared from the website - maybe another sailing they have charted ?

Indeed: I noticed the growing hole in Infinity's schedule when I last looked, and posted about it here. That's reflected in the listings on cruisetimetables.com. There must be a significant risk that your booking will be cancelled by the cruise line.

I'd agree with Globaliser. Given the fact that Infinity appears to be X's 'charter ship d'jour' for 2020 (as Summit was for the past couple of years) -- if your cruise has gone 'poof' -- there's a high likelihood that there is a charter in the works, for those dates.

I am booked on the March 14 Infinity cruise. Just checked and the March 14, 2020 and March 19, 2020 have been removed as well. Any suggestions on whether to wait for them to notify us, or should we call. Would one approach over the other provide any better chances on flexibility on alternative cruises on their part?

I am booked on the March 14 Infinity cruise. Just checked and the March 14, 2020 and March 19, 2020 have been removed as well. Any suggestions on whether to wait for them to notify us, or should we call. Would one approach over the other provide any better chances on flexibility on alternative cruises on their part?

I would think and hope they will give you something if they bump you , I would wait

• 2 weeks later...

Got this a few days ago -

We have important information to share with you about a few of our upcoming sailings on Celebrity Infinity®. Kindly note that the following sailings have been chartered: February 10, 2020; February 15, 2020; and February 20, 2020. 

Changed to a March Edge cruise which was a good deal & they gave me $100 obc for re-booking another cruise

I am on the 2019 Blue Note at Sea cruise on the Infinity, which is run by the same company as the Smooth Jazz cruise.  A recent email from ECP said that the 2020 Blue Note at Sea cruise will be Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2020 and the 2020 Jazz Cruise will be Feb. 1-8, 2020.  The email did not give the name of the ship that those cruises will be on, but ECP has used the same ship for the two Smooth Jazz and these two cruises this year and in 2019.   I agree that prices are higher but great entertainment. We are only going because ECP had  a July 4th promo rate that was substantial cheaper.

7 hours ago, hobbsie65 said:

Got this a few days ago -

We have important information to share with you about a few of our upcoming sailings on Celebrity Infinity®. Kindly note that the following sailings have been chartered: February 10, 2020; February 15, 2020; and February 20, 2020. 

Changed to a March Edge cruise which was a good deal & they gave me $100 obc for re-booking another cruise

I received a similar email.   They gave me a few options, which I ended up taking one and also received the obc.   Not my first choice as I would have preferred the original schedule.   The problem was that the prices has gotten be up since I booked and if I booked a new cruise, I would have paid more now.  Don't think I will book the infinity again in March as it seems they often get cancelled because of a charter.

10 hours ago, NovaCath said:

A recent email from ECP said that the 2020 Blue Note at Sea cruise will be Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2020 and the 2020 Jazz Cruise will be Feb. 1-8, 2020.  The email did not give the name of the ship that those cruises will be on, but ECP has used the same ship for the two Smooth Jazz and these two cruises this year and in 2019.

It will be Celebrity Infinity again in 2020 for all three of the jazz cruies as they will run back-to-back.

• 6 months later...