Ovation Herald

oceanviewer21

Thank you ..we are on the Ovation soon. Disappointed at how early most of the restaurants close...8:45? Wow...And Seabourn Square coffee at 10? We used to go there for coffee after the show on the Ody & Sojourn...afraid we might have chosen a ship with little or no nightlife [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you ..we are on the Ovation soon. Disappointed at how early most of the restaurants close...8:45? Wow...And Seabourn Square coffee at 10? We used to go there for coffee after the show on the Ody & Sojourn...afraid we might have chosen a ship with little or no nightlife [emoji22]

8 45 will be for arriving diners, so that’s not too early.

It is for us...a rush to get to the dining room at that time after spending all day out in port. Our last cruises dining rooms were until 9 or 9:30.

Tend to agree Sojourn was last orders at 9pm in the MDR but it was always rushed at that time as tables were being cleared. And there was still a wait for the show to start at 9.45. Now the Ovation increases the gap by half an hour. What is the reason do you think?

It is for us...a rush to get to the dining room at that time after spending all day out in port. Our last cruises dining rooms were until 9 or 9:30.

Really? All aboard is 5.30 on that particular Herald on that particular day. On the last cruise most of the all aboards were about 4.30pm. We did have a couple of late departures, but I don't remember if the dining rooms stayed open a bit later on those days.

Those menus may help out as well. This ship was more oriented toward USA dinner times. We usually eat a bit later on ships as well. If we started at 7:30 on this ship, the mar was emptying out by the time we were finishing up. On some nights there were 2 shows. If you wanted to see the early show, you needed to eat earlier as well. Also of note, the Observation lounge was the busiest of any cruise we have been on during the pre-dinner hours. Then again it may have been the only bar on the ship to serve a proper hors d'oeuvre selection.

The 7 night Baltic/Russia cruises tend to be very port-intensive, especially for the 3 days in St Petersburg. Most passengers are up early to meet guides at 8 or 8:30 for full day tours. And in the evenings, many leave the ship for the ballet or the special tour/event at St Catherine's Palace. I’m quite sure the schedules get adjusted a bit earlier to account for that.

Yes, we have been on the Baltic cruises ...actually usually pick only cruises that are port intensive. So by the time we get back, relax and ready for dinner, it’s rare we can make anything before 8:30 or 8:45...so this was just surprising to us, that’s all. Seabourn Square closing at 10 was the bigger surprise of the two though. Disappointing...

• 3 weeks later...