Journey on the Mekong

jag60uk

Hi. We're on the Hong Kong to Singapore cruise on the Ovation next year. Has anyone here ever taken the 8 hour Journey to the Mekong excursion that Seabourn offers from Ho Chi Minh City? It seems quite pricey at $259 so I wondered whether it was worth the money. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

jag60uk, I haven't been on that particular shore excursion.

However, it is an option that's offered on our upcoming Ovation sailing in the opposite direction (Singapore to HK) in December/January. We decided against taking the SB excursion because of the bus time involved (didn't want to risk four hours RT on a bus with an overly talkative guide). Instead, we booked a similar private Mekong tour at much lower cost. If you'd like more info about this private option, please contact me at annehwright [at] gmail [dot] com.

Best,

Anne

Hi. We're on the Hong Kong to Singapore cruise on the Ovation next year. Has anyone here ever taken the 8 hour Journey to the Mekong excursion that Seabourn offers from Ho Chi Minh City? It seems quite pricey at $259 so I wondered whether it was worth the money. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Find yourself a good private guide who'll give you a better tour which you can control and save you money.