Celebrity Caribbean Blog Contest Winner!!! - CHICAGOPAUL

chicagopaul

Happy "almost Friday" everyone. Back in June Celebrity decided to host a contest for travel bloggers. Bloggers were tasked with writing a blog describing how you would enjoy a specific Caribbean itinerary on Celebrity. Now I'm far from a "professional travel blogger" but I figure I also have much more Celebrity Cruises knowledge than your average travel writer so I might as well enter. I don't have a dedicated travel blog but I have recently started a website about our experience on Celebrity and basic info on cruising so I figured I did technically qualify. I decided to write about a cruise we actually have booked on Celebrity, which is the November 5th, 2018 11 Night on the Reflection.

The first blog I wrote I tried to keep it short and sweet and focus a lot on the destinations. Then I figured screw it, that's not who I am. I enjoy the ship and the people just as much, if not more, than the destinations. So I decided to write just as if I was writing on here (albeit with a few modifications). It worked! I was chosen as a winner!

So what did they give me? Well I didn't get a free cruise, but they did award $1,000 to 3 winners, me being one of them. They've also published my blog on the Celebrity Cruises website as well as on their Facebook page and I'm told soon also on their Instagram account.

I just wanted to share that experience with you all since the only reason I won this is because of all of you who enjoy and encourage me to write when we travel on Celebrity. So thank you to everyone who has followed along on all of my blogs thus far. The link below will take you to the part of the Celebrity website where you can read what I wrote!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations/caribbean-cruises/contest-winner-my-ideal-caribbean-cruise-itinerary

Awesome!

I was hoping you entered because I figured you would win! Good call to just be yourself. I enjoy your trip reports because of your ship and people stories.

Congratulations and happy to share your joy 🤩

Jen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time *ChicagoPaul* responder, long time lurker... :D

IMHO, you most certainly deserve such a win - you are the (or one of the) most welcoming, positive, enthusiastic posters on this forum. You never neglect to answer a question or share details in a warm, encouraging and charming way that no doubt adds to why this is such an amazing site.

Congratulations Paul and thank you for all the valuable intel you share with the rest of us. I just get so happy when I see you start a thread.

Can't wait for your November cruise it will be just about a month before we head out and I'm sure I'll be jonesing for lots of juicy details about your trip! :hearteyes:

Congratulations, Paul!

You deserve it! You are a fantastic writer. You bring people right into your world.

Keep expanding your boundaries as a blogger / author. I love your plan to write a book about the experiences and people you’ve encountered while cruising!