Traditional vs Select Dining

workingtocruise-59

We are currently wait-listed for Select Dining on our cruise on the Eclipse in November.

We are currently assigned Traditional Dining at 8.45 pm.

I logged into our booking and, as it seemed, we could book Select for each night.

Would this be possible if we were assigned Traditional?

Also, when I booked the first night for Select it stated that Select was only available with pre-paid gratuities - is this correct?

We would probably be happy with a set time each evening but would like a table for two.

We would be grateful for any advice/suggestions.

PS I have searched the boards and asked a question on another thread but still do not know the answer to my queries.

Many thanks

You have to choose either Select or Traditional, you cannot combine the two. If you prefer Select, then advise Celebrity (or your travel agent) that you want to change. With Select you can pre-book your dining times on-line (manage my cruise) and request a table for two. You can choose a different time each night, or the same time. You must pre-pay your gratuities to be able use this service. Once onboard you can request a particular table the first night (table for two by the window, for example) and your preferred time and if possible they will accommodate you. You may then request the same table and waitstaff at that time for every evening. Again, they will try to do this for you.

Last time we were on Eclipse, we had Select (as we prefer it), but usually went to dinner about 7.30 each night and reserved our booking for that time each night. The good thing was that a group of about 22 other people did the same thing and we ended up having 3 8 seat tables, all served by the same team, and we 'permed' different sets of people each night from the 22, so you always had someone new to talk to or someone who you hadn't seen for 3 or 4 days. I really liked that.

Simon

We are currently wait-listed for Select Dining on our cruise on the Eclipse in November.

I logged into our booking and, as it seemed, we could book Select for each night.

Also, when I booked the first night for Select it stated that Select was only available with pre-paid gratuities - is this correct?

We would probably be happy with a set time each evening but would like a table for two.

PS I have searched the boards and asked a question on another thread but still do not know the answer to my queries.

Many thanks

You do not have to pre pay gratuities if you choose Select dining, that went out several years ago.

I didn't know you could make reservations for SD if your wait listed and be assigned to TD.:confused: Glad we book our cruises early as to never have these issues.

No, I didn't think it would be possible so was very surprised that I was able to do it.

We have only ever taken one previous X cruise and we had Select Dining then so have no experience of anything else.

You do not have to pre pay gratuities if you choose Select dining, that went out several years ago.

I can confirm that you do NOT pre pay gratuities for Select dining any more. We sailed on Silhouette 23.06.18.

I pre booked our dining time for 7pm each evening. Early seating is too early if you have been on an excursion and 8.30 pm is too late for me to eat.

No, I didn't think it would be possible so was very surprised that I was able to do it.

We have only ever taken one previous X cruise and we had Select Dining then so have no experience of anything else.

Does your cruise calendar show in your cruise planner you have SD with the dining times you selected for each evening? As others have posted prepaid gratuities are no longer required when booking SD.

If I was forced to eat at 8:45PM every night. I would seriously consider not taking that particular cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, I also go for Select Dining. If Select Dining is waitlisted when I make my reservation, I ask the TA to call and get Select Dining confirmed before I complete the reservation.

Hi Working to cruise - 59,

I tried to do this after reading your post as I have the same predicament i.e. 8.45 pm which is too late. I could only seem to book speciality restaurants. How were you able to select MDR as your option?

Thanks

Ernest

Many thanks

Scroll down to the bottom of the ‘Speciality restaurant’ section. Select dining is there, with the option to book your date & time. Unfortunately, you have to book day by day, there is no option to do the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I had tried that and have tried it again putting in different times but I never get the option for select dining. Either it's blocked for my booking or I am doing something wrong.

I am going into Cruise Planner - Dining & Beverage - View All Dining and only the speciality restaurants come up. If I select Make a reservation and put in my details, same thing?

Hi,

I had tried that and have tried it again putting in different times but I never get the option for select dining. Either it's blocked for my booking or I am doing something wrong.

I am going into Cruise Planner - Dining & Beverage - View All Dining and only the speciality restaurants come up. If I select Make a reservation and put in my details, same thing?

Select dining is the 1st option, once you select the option you need to select the date and time, hit next...enter name and email...next and you will receive a message that confirmation via email. Need to do process for each night.

Select dining is the 1st option, once you select the option you need to select the date and time, hit next...enter name and email...next and you will receive a message that confirmation via email. Need to do process for each night.

Or just call the Captain's Club or Celebrity rep and ask them to do it for you.

Thanks for the reply but I am still not getting this option, as I say it must be the way my account is setup. I'll try giving them a call.

Hi,

If you are able to put in times for Select Dining then you are already in the option for setting up SD. Try this if you want. Go to "Cruise Planner", scroll down to "Explore Possibilities", click on "Dining" (right side of the page), when the dining page comes up scroll down the page until you see "Celebrity Select Dining". Click on "Add To Cart".

If you are able to put in times for Select Dining then you are already in the option for setting up SD. Try this if you want. Go to "Cruise Planner", scroll down to "Explore Possibilities", click on "Dining" (right side of the page), when the dining page comes up scroll down the page until you see "Celebrity Select Dining". Click on "Add To Cart".
#

When I say I can put in times for select dining I mean that when I go in to make a reservation it allows me to go in, select our names, select a date and time then when it pulls up the options they are all paid restaurants. Definitely no option for Celebrity Select Dining. I also tried your route but same again. :(:(

Thanks for your help.

#

When I say I can put in times for select dining I mean that when I go in to make a reservation it allows me to go in, select our names, select a date and time then when it pulls up the options they are all paid restaurants. Definitely no option for Celebrity Select Dining. I also tried your route but same again. :(:(

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. I'd call Celebrity.

#

Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, I did all of select dining reservations this morning for our 11 night Infinity cruise in May. Did one night at a time, so it does take some time to accomplish 11 nights. However, I had no problem accessing this through My Cruise Planner. I cannot imagine what is happening to you. I would just call Celebrity and have them make your reservations. Technology is wonderful, until it isn't!

Hmmm, I did all of select dining reservations this morning for our 11 night Infinity cruise in May. Did one night at a time, so it does take some time to accomplish 11 nights. However, I had no problem accessing this through My Cruise Planner. I cannot imagine what is happening to you. I would just call Celebrity and have them make your reservations. Technology is wonderful, until it isn't!

I made 28 SD reservations yesterday with no issues in my CP. I've never experienced any problems setting up reservations in the past for SD. Celebrity's website, consistently inconsistent.