Ugh- connecting cabin

Petoonya

I blew it. Didn't look carefully at the BX cabin I booked on a 17 day Wind Spirit and it's a connecting- 129. And there are no more B's or BX's so I'm stuck unless I pay substantially more for an AX. I booked it 6 months ago when there were other cabins available and now could strangle myself.

I've only had one before, was on Celebrity, and it was bad. And I have to admit also that I'm an overly noise sensitive person.

Can anyone make me feel better? About a month till final payment- do people drop out so I might get lucky finding another cabin? Or not so much on Windstar? Even if I do I'll have to pest my TA everyday to call and find out since Windstar won't talk to me. More ugh.

Hate to complain. It's my fault and I thank my lucky stars that I'm one of the few people in the world that can cruise period.

Petoonya, not to worry about “connecting cabins” on WindSpirit. What this means on the sailing ships there is a “third door” that leads out to the passageway. You will still have your cabin door and the next door neighbor will have theirs. If you wanted to connect the rooms you would shut the third door leading to the passageway. Each cabin that connects have a “vestibule” between the two cabins. Hopefully someone will have a picture to explain.

If you go to Cruise Critic pages regarding Windstar, there is a perfect picture of cabins 124 126 “connecting”

Edited by Bigdogwon

Petoonya, not to worry about “connecting cabins” on WindSpirit. What this means on the sailing ships there is a “third door” that leads out to the passageway. You will still have your cabin door and the next door neighbor will have theirs. If you wanted to connect the rooms you would shut the third door leading to the passageway. Each cabin that connects have a “vestibule” between the two cabins. Hopefully someone will have a picture to explain.

If you go to Cruise Critic pages regarding Windstar, there is a perfect picture of cabins 124 126 “connecting”

That was my first thought too, but I checked the deck plan. It has a list of 5 cabin pairs with "adjoining private doors". Since almost all the cabins are in pairs opening to a vestibule with a door to the hall, I expect that's not the door the note is about.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

You do not have to worry, all rooms are in pairs with individual doors, there are no rooms with a door within connecting the two rooms. Bigdogwon is correct. If there are two individual couples that other door is not used. Look very carefully on the Wind Spirit deck plan you will see a tiny notch going into the hall way. 23 cruises with WS outstanding sound proofing. Do not worry. Happy Sailing the cruise is out of this world.

You do not have to worry, all rooms are in pairs with individual doors, there are no rooms with a door within connecting the two rooms. Bigdogwon is correct. If there are two individual couples that other door is not used. Look very carefully on the Wind Spirit deck plan you will see a tiny notch going into the hall way. 23 cruises with WS outstanding sound proofing. Do not worry. Happy Sailing the cruise is out of this world.

Then why does the Wind Spirit deck plan include:

"Staterooms with AdjoiningPrivate Doors:124/126, 129/131, 132/134,133/135, 136/138"

The Wind Star deck plan says:

"Staterooms with AdjoiningPrivate Doors:125/127, 128/130, 129/131,132/134, 133/135, 136/138"

I do believe on both ships’s diagrams you see a nitch in the hallway meaning that the Adjoining Private Door is a hall door so the little entrance can be made as one opening the two entrance doors. I have never seen an interior adjoining door in all my cruises with WS. This door is only used to my knowledge when people are traveling together. I am always in B or BX. I like being down with a gentler sway. This is notvlike an adjoining doors in hotel rooms. The cabin is not set up for that at all. Happy Sailing

I do believe on both ships’s diagrams you see a nitch in the hallway meaning that the Adjoining Private Door is a hall door so the little entrance can be made as one opening the two entrance doors. I have never seen an interior adjoining door in all my cruises with WS. This door is only used to my knowledge when people are traveling together. I am always in B or BX. I like being down with a gentler sway. This is notvlike an adjoining doors in hotel rooms. The cabin is not set up for that at all. Happy Sailing

Thank you, I see it now. Actually, I saw it before but the cabins I happened to look at when I zoomed in were 125/127 and 128/130 across the hall from it. They both show the 3rd door and on Wind Spirit one is noted as having the adjoining private doors and the other is not so I thought all pairs had the 3rd door.

On the Wind Star, different cabin pairs have the extra door and the drawing on the Wind Spirit Deck plan is actually the Wind Star deck plan - it shows the 3rd door on the rooms that Wind Star has it.

The above posters are correct. You have nothing to worry about. That third door, which is flush with the hallway, would never be used if the travelers in the two rooms were not together. We had our teenagers with us many years ago in an adjoining room, and then we would occasionally close that hall door and leave the two cabin doors open to the small vestibule created, thus being able to walk privately between the two cabins. Really its a much better solution than the way most hotels do it, with a single door opening right into the cabin and the resultant transmission of sound.

Awww you guys, thank you so much. This is wonderful news! Had husband all shook up about it too. We had parties going into the wee hours in the connecting cabins on a Celebrity cruise, and it was a nightmare. I'm overly sensitized, but you've all explained it well. Sounds like Windstar as usual has it all under control. Thanks so much!

I have done 32 Windstar Cruises and I have to say I have never heard of a cabin party (hard to fit many people in a 180 Square feet) let alone one going to the wee hours! I think you will be safe. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some years ago, while studying outside the US, I was in a student dorm. Loud music outside. Other student solved her problem. She had a white noise machine of some sort, not super costly, solved her problem. I just struggled thru.

Some years ago, while studying outside the US, I was in a student dorm. Loud music outside. Other student solved her problem. She had a white noise machine of some sort, not super costly, solved her problem. I just struggled thru.

Gosh Etta. I used to use a white noise machine regularly, then gave away to one of my grandkids and forgot about it. Recent cruises have been silent as a tomb fortunately, but wouldn't hurt to pack one along. It's been several years but remember how friendly and considerate Windstar passengers are and prob never need one but wouldn't hurt to have. Thanks. Great idea.