Onboard Hair Salon

heliman

Wow! That's a DEAL!! I pay $50 US and that's really low compared to most in my area. Sounds like a good excuse to go to the UK again: "I have to - think of all the money I'm saving on my hair!" :D

You can come to Germany...you will pay about US 30 in a good place if you have medium size hair length. Of course you can always get a star hairdresser and pay three times more, but no star hairdressers on ships. And on ships we should not forget the 18% service charge that for „our convenience“ is added to the bill.

In any case glad to hear that for some guests is a good deal. Not for me.

Ivi

Indeed. I pay £20 ($26.50) for a damp cut which I wash and blow dry at home afterwards. My hairdresser works from home so doesn’t have the overheads of a salon. Elsewhere it would cost double that.

I’m in the south of England of course. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can get here a wash and cut price in many places for US 16. No blow dry. Those are walk in places.

Me, I prefer a hairdresser who I know. She charges for my hair about US 28 for a wash and cut.

Yeah, I've had my hair butchered by those walk-in places with the super cheap haircuts by people who are just out of school.

I used to have my hair done at a Jose Eber Salon by a guy who worked for Steiner for 10 years on P&O. He was a manager with them. HE said they were horrible! He said after he left there, he spent years learning the RIGHT way to cut hair, do color, etc.

Even 20 years later, he'd go to Paris often for training. He said Steiner taught him all the wrong ways to do things and he said it got to be a habit that was hard to break after being with them for so long. He was really amazing but the $125 haircuts got a little too expensive (and that was 4 yrs. ago :o ).

• 3 weeks later...
Had a cut and blow dry whilst on Quest last week and it was horrendous! I didn’t dare go back to have it corrected as there’s no way I’d let him near my hair again.

I think I know who you mean Liz! :D

Hazel has compiled her own book of Hairdresser's of The Mediterranean ...she more or less knows good hair dressers in most of the ports. My hair is easy to do, but I would never have it cut onboard. You can always wash out a bad style but not a bad cut!

I think I know who you mean Liz! :D

Hazel has compiled her own book of Hairdresser's of The Mediterranean ...she more or less knows good hair dressers in most of the ports. My hair is easy to do, but I would never have it cut onboard. You can always wash out a bad style but not a bad cut!

Lottie, I think I need to take a leaf out of Hazels book but I didn’t have time before I left and I’ve had a cut and blow dry onboard before which was excellent. Mind you, she was UK trained. This guy was Philipino, maybe that’s the difference.

Lottie, I think I need to take a leaf out of Hazels book but I didn’t have time before I left and I’ve had a cut and blow dry onboard before which was excellent. Mind you, she was UK trained. This guy was Philipino, maybe that’s the difference.

I do know exactly who you mean Liz. He did mine OK....but you should have seen what he did to Hazel's hair! :eek:

Had a cut and blow dry whilst on Quest last week and it was horrendous! I didn’t dare go back to have it corrected as there’s no way I’d let him near my hair again.

OMG Liz, you allowed a ship's hairdresser to cut your hair. Big mistake!

The gentleman in question butchered my hair too attempting to do a blow dry. I complained to the Spa manager immediately, it was improved by the other hairdresser and I was also obviously given a refund.

Wasn't happy with my hair until I managed to get to the genius who had previously done my hair in Palma😄

Hope your hair is ok now

OMG Liz, you allowed a ship's hairdresser to cut your hair. Big mistake!

The gentleman in question butchered my hair too attempting to do a blow dry. I complained to the Spa manager immediately, it was improved by the other hairdresser and I was also obviously given a refund.

Wasn't happy with my hair until I managed to get to the genius who had previously done my hair in Palma😄

Hope your hair is ok now

Hazel, I’m actually getting ready to visit my hairdresser this morning and I’m sure she will “take a hairy fit” when she sees it. Luckily, my hair grows like wildfire so she will soon have it back to normal. I just don’t know how these people manage to get and keep their jobs onboard.

Liz

Hazel, I’m actually getting ready to visit my hairdresser this morning and I’m sure she will “take a hairy fit” when she sees it. Luckily, my hair grows like wildfire so she will soon have it back to normal. I just don’t know how these people manage to get and keep their jobs onboard.

Liz

Liz, my hairdresser here tells me that the Steiner training course concentrates primarily on upselling techniques of products rather than styling issues. Surprise surprise. Happy to share my now rather extensive list of Mediterranean shoreside hairdressers before your next cruise[emoji1] Hope your hairdresser can rectify the damage for you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have cruise using Steiner on several lines. the worse had been on AZ. I bring my own hair color and they can not mix it right. comes out to light. yet i was on another line and color was great.

Ladies who do nails on ship-- had skin cut as they do not know how to use their products.

never had hair cut on a ship. OMG!!

Gone to Eric to ask who does his hair as e know it highlighted and lived. but others OMG!