Refund if Fare Drops?

Lightngsvt

We are booked for our 1st Azamara Cruise in November to Cuba! Does Azamara offer refunds if the fares drop and the passenger catches it? It appears the fare for our cabin/sailing has dropped ~$600 for the same category cabin. We booked through a large cruise travel agency (not sure if we can mention names here or not?) and they just pulled our final payment yesterday. I understand that cruise lines don't automatically refund money to passengers when fares change, but I've read of many experiences on many lines where customers asked and were refunded the difference. I'm just curious if this is something Azamara practices too?

It’s different for different countries. It reads like you’re from the US. In the US, before final payment, you can get the lower rate. As you booked via a travel agent, that’s who you should contact. After final payment however, you’re locked in for the price you paid.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check with your TA to see if they have transferred final payment. Once final payment has been made to Azamara there are no refunds.The most you might get is an upgrade if it falls into the price differential.

You are correct. You cannot name a travel agent on this forum.

Good luck.

It’s definitely worth asking your travel agent, I was told by a senior person in RCCL that the rule regarding final payment does not apply in the

Uk, it was a few years ago and it was in relation to the inequalities in the system.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The important date is the actual final payment date set by Azamara for you cruise.

Our TA processes our final payment 14 days before the final payment date set by the cruise line. So if a price drops after we paid but before the actual final payment we get our reservation repriced to the lower amount.

Wow, seems like we have many advantages to booking on RCCL cruise lines as US citizens. My TA called me today to go over the details, they are going to verify with AZ tomorrow about the new rates and what they can offer as (supposedly) they are only allowed a certain percentage they can discount per the cruise line.

Quick update: The TA was able to get us a refund! It's not quite the ~$600 I was anticipating, but still a good refund plus they are still giving us the same perks. I guess you never know what youll get until you ask!

Quick update: The TA was able to get us a refund! It's not quite the ~$600 I was anticipating, but still a good refund plus they are still giving us the same perks. I guess you never know what youll get until you ask!

Excellent news - congratulations.

Azamara do now give a once only best price guarantee if you book onboard whatever country you are from. You get one chance to get a lower price, but it’s up to you to keep an eye on the price.

Well that's really good news!

Look forward to testing it out in the future as most of our future cruises are booked while on board.

Azamara do now give a once only best price guarantee if you book onboard whatever country you are from. You get one chance to get a lower price, but it’s up to you to keep an eye on the price.

I can confirm what Host grandma says, we’re were given the same information when we booked our 2020 Black Sea Voyage while on Quest last May.

And thats just what we did today with a cruise next year! We booked on board in January and now with the current OBC special offer and the LCV quarterly saving offer , we have a very nice reduction of nearly £700 and extra OBC. No penalty for repricing, which is unheard of in UK.

As you say its up to guests to keep an eye on prices.

Thank you all for your input.

Interestingly Grandma Cruising, excitedofharpenden, Azamarajunkie and combine are all from U.K. and Phil's letter specifies "on board booking benefit for our UK guests", not all guests from anywhere in the world. There should not be any difference between the ships, but I hazard a guess that the origin of Phil's letter was on Quest.

Nobody could be more vigilant at keeping a regular eye on prices and maintaining a spreadsheet of same than my other half.

We have yet to see the same offer for guests from Australia. Our most recent booking was made on Journey last month and we will definitely follow up when back on board in September.