what’s your favorite Celebrity Excursion ........

Savage2017

Hi Fellow Cruisers:D,

I’d love to know what excursions with Celebrity Cruises everyone has done in the below islands, eg Beach days, Snorkeling, Site Seeing etc

Dominica

Grenada

St Kitts

St Lucia

St Marteen

We do love our Beaches but also something different eg snuba. I would be really interested in Grenada as our first experience here was only ok, and we were looking at maybe Marigot Beach in St Lucia as we have done the volcano mud experience which was fab.

Thanks guys

Best shore excursion we had was in Dominica and was a cooking experience where we went to a private home high in the hills for a 3-4 hour interactive cooking class. There were about 20 of us, although max was 35 I believe. It was very hands on, recipes were explained and emailed out to everyone later, full meal was prepared and then we all sat down and ate everything we had made. Also included a rum tasting of about 6 different infused flavors. Setting was beautiful, the host and hostess lived onsite and were great conversationalists. We'll definitely do it again when we are back.

Don't know if it's available on the islands you're visiting.....but best excursion we ever did was the Dr. Prager submarine excursion. You actually go down in a submarine to see the coral reef. It's not at all closed in (I have mild claustrophobia) but it was so interesting that you don't even think about it and the 90 minutes goes by in a flash. We did it on Curacao but I know it's available on at least one other island, I just don't remember which ones.

We've done the river tubing in Dominica, followed by a hike at some waterfalls. The whole day was a blast ... however, the river was way over on the other side of the island so a long, long time in the bus. It was worth it when we got there and the stop at the waterfalls on the way back made that portion more tolerable.

The other islands, we've only done private tours so won't elaborate on those.

We've done the river tubing in Dominica, followed by a hike at some waterfalls. The whole day was a blast ... however, the river was way over on the other side of the island so a long, long time in the bus. It was worth it when we got there and the stop at the waterfalls on the way back made that portion more tolerable.

We booked this one for our annual Caribbean and LOVE the description of this shore X.....how strenuous is it really? I have trouble walking more than 1/2 mile....and what is your idea of a long,long time in the bus?

Best shore excursion we had was in Dominica and was a cooking experience where we went to a private home high in the hills for a 3-4 hour interactive cooking class. There were about 20 of us, although max was 35 I believe. It was very hands on, recipes were explained and emailed out to everyone later, full meal was prepared and then we all sat down and ate everything we had made. Also included a rum tasting of about 6 different infused flavors. Setting was beautiful, the host and hostess lived onsite and were great conversationalists. We'll definitely do it again when we are back.

WOW.:D...I did this same excursion too......talk about a blast from the past....I cannot recall what year it was but I echo your review......it was fantastic:)

We booked this one for our annual Caribbean and LOVE the description of this shore X.....how strenuous is it really? I have trouble walking more than 1/2 mile....and what is your idea of a long,long time in the bus?

We have booked this excursion for our cruise next spring and are already looking forward to it.

The Celebrity web site does classify its activity level as "strenuous."

You might want to browse the Dominica board on this site to see other reviews. I believe most of the walking is getting down to the falls--which is optional.

There is apparently a related excursion that does everything this one does except for the waterfall. Its activity level is "moderate."

In St. Lucia we took a gondola through the rainforest up the side of a mountain and then zip-lined all the way down. There were several separate lines with platforms between. It was a great excursion, and my first time zip-lining. Very nice young people running it, and I never felt unsafe. St. Lucia is one of the more "unspoiled" islands in the Caribbean, we found.

Do you recall how long was the bus journey?