TrinityRes suggesting Holiday Inn in Carteret for EWR/Cape Liberty?

BearsCruise

We're flying into EWR on 10/3/18 for a 10/4 Anthem cruise our of Cape Liberty. There will be a total of 7 people, 5 coming from one place and 2 from another.

I've seen lots of recommendations for TrinityReservations here, so I gave them a whirl. They actually have a package for a party of 5 for $250, which includes transportation from EWR and the cruise port., It's the Holiday Inn in Carteret, which it says is 10 miles from the airport, and 16 from the cruise terminal.

Anyone have any experience with this hotel? (Or any other recommendations?) Seems like a good price, once you factor in transportation costs for somewhere closer.

Thanks!

Edited by BearsCruise
typo

We're flying into EWR on 10/3/18 for a 10/4 Anthem cruise our of Cape Liberty. There will be a total of 7 people, 5 coming from one place and 2 from another.

I've seen lots of recommendations for TrinityReservations here, so I gave them a whirl. They actually have a package for a party of 5 for $250, which includes transportation from EWR and the cruise port., It's the Holiday Inn in Carteret, which it says is 10 miles from the airport, and 16 from the cruise terminal.

Anyone have any experience with this hotel? (Or any other recommendations?) Seems like a good price, once you factor in transportation costs for somewhere closer.

Thanks!

No one has reported back about staying in Carteret. If you choose to do this, please post a review. The Trip advisor reviews are actually pretty good.

Unfortunately, just hotel rooms for 5 can be hard to come by in the EWR area. This package is unique because it provides not only a room for 5 but port transportation as well for an extremely reasonable price that is quoted tax included.

What time are you arriving? Once you get to the hotel, you will likely have no place to go, so factor that in.

What time is your return flight?

Thanks for the quick reply

We don't get to EWR until 8:30 pm, so I don't expect we'll be up for much that night besides dinner and sleep. And we're good with ordering pizza, so food isn't much of a problem.

Our return flight isn't until 4:00 pm, so plenty of time. That's next on my planning list - something to do between disembarkation and getting to the airport at 2:00.

Since we live in the Gulf Coast area, we've always driven to the ports. This flight to the departure port is a first for us. It definitely changes our packing and weight limits -)

Thanks for the quick reply

We don't get to EWR until 8:30 pm, so I don't expect we'll be up for much that night besides dinner and sleep. And we're good with ordering pizza, so food isn't much of a problem.

Our return flight isn't until 4:00 pm, so plenty of time. That's next on my planning list - something to do between disembarkation and getting to the airport at 2:00.

Since we live in the Gulf Coast area, we've always driven to the ports. This flight to the departure port is a first for us. It definitely changes our packing and weight limits -)

How much money are you willing to spend per person? You really don't have a lot of time. If you stay at the Holiday Inn, you should get transportation back to the airport with your package. You can check in and get rid of your luggage and Uber to the Jersey Gardens Mall for some lunch and shopping.