Cape Liberty (Bayonne) Hotels to Stay & Park

Tigers2

I'm sure I'm missing posts but was looking for options of driving and leaving our car at the hotel for a B2B cruise in June 19. If too much of a hassle, we'll fly and stay! We would like to spend a day in NYC. We plan on taking the Path into the city. Thank you for your insight!

Chuck

I'm sure I'm missing posts but was looking for options of driving and leaving our car at the hotel for a B2B cruise in June 19. If too much of a hassle, we'll fly and stay! We would like to spend a day in NYC. We plan on taking the Path into the city. Thank you for your insight!

Chuck

What exact date and ship are you considering? Hitel budget? How many people? Bed size considerations? What exactly do you plan to see for your day in NYC?

The economics will vary depending on your dates, number of people, and whether you have a car.

What exact date and ship are you considering? Hitel budget? How many people? Bed size considerations? What exactly do you plan to see for your day in NYC?

The economics will vary depending on your dates, number of people, and whether you have a car.

We will be staying June 7th, economic budget (not a dump) , 1 room/2 people, and deciding on a car or no car.....If the price is better we will drive.... If not we can fly from Ohio, take Uber to the hotel, port and return to the airport.

I'm not sure on park n drive costs....We could add a day to have a nice NYC experience.

We stayed at the Best Western Robert Treat on Park Street.....Easy location to Penn Station and the Path.

Looking at transportation without a car from the hotel to pier the taxi wants $70 and Uber says $17..??

Lots of questions?

I hope this helps!

Thank you Carol! You are the expert on CC! :)

Chuck

Edited by Tigers2

We will be staying June 7th, economic budget (not a dump) , 1 room/2 people, and deciding on a car or no car.....If the price is better we will drive.... If not we can fly from Ohio, take Uber to the hotel, port and return to the airport.

I'm not sure on park n drive costs....We could add a day to have a nice NYC experience.

We stayed at the Best Western Robert Treat on Park Street.....Easy location to Penn Station and the Path.

Looking at transportation without a car from the hotel to pier the taxi wants $70 and Uber says $17..??

Lots of questions?

I hope this helps!

Thank you Carol! You are the expert on CC! :)

Chuck

You have lots of options.

If you fly and want to do a day in NYC, the Robert Treat is a good option because they do have an airport shuttle as well as a local shuttle to Newark Penn Station. The cost of transportation to the port is about the same from the Robert Treat as from an EWR hotel, but the transportation to NYC is much cheaper and takes a lot less time. I would expect to pay $30-40 for an Uber to the port. Public transit via PATH and light rail and Bayonne Uber is also a option - about $20 for 2.

If you have a car and want to do a day in NYC, the Robert Treat offers free parking for registered guests. I would call them directly to find out how it works because I know it's very limited. For this option I would consider paying the $120 to park at the port for 6 days.

If you have a car and don't go to NYC, I'd look at 2 strategies. One is to stay out in the suburbs about an hour away in the Parsipanny area and pay the $120 to park at the port. The other is to get the park/sleep/cruise package at the Ramada through Trinity Reservations for $227 tax included. This includes a room, parking for 21 days, and round trip port transportation to Cape Liberty. I would rate the Ramada as being similar to the Robert Treat. I have used the trinity package at the Ramada and I have stayed at the Robert Treat and taken accessible public transit to Cape Liberty.