Rock Concert at Sea Question

We were docked on Celebrity Reflection in Cozumel Saturday when Independence of the Seas pulled up beside us. We could hear Indy arriving because a fabulous band was playing at their pool. As it turned out, rock bands played for the next seven hours with only twenty or thirty minutes between sets for sound checks.

I believe one of those bands was Quiet Riot. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me who the other bands were. Also I want to say how much I enjoyed that fabulous concert. The sound system was amazing. I must confess I never left our ship, but sat on my balcony all day listening to those bands. What an awesome day!

I would LOVE to take a music cruise..not necessarily with "rock", but there are all sorts of "theme" cruises! They are mighty expensive, tho! And, hubby is on hemo-dialysis....and that's a HUGE problem on a cruise. (Yes, I know about dialysis at sea....it's nothing he wants to do! and they don't offer it on specialty cruises....)

I would LOVE to take a music cruise..not necessarily with "rock", but there are all sorts of "theme" cruises! They are mighty expensive, tho! And, hubby is on hemo-dialysis....and that's a HUGE problem on a cruise. (Yes, I know about dialysis at sea....it's nothing he wants to do! and they don't offer it on specialty cruises....)

It’s rare that you ever come back to check responses to your posts, but as someone who has used dialysis at sea 4 times now (for my mom who is on hemodialysis), I have to ask out of curiosity how you’re able to cruise at all if your husband doesn’t use dialysis at sea but requires hemodialysis?

Personally we don’t find being on dialysis to be a “huge problem on a cruise,” but I realize everyone is different. We have had a pretty good experience with dialysis at sea so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sympathies to your husband who must have dialysis. But I wonder why a theme music cruise wouldn't offer kidney dialysis. Wouldn't the ship, such as Independence of the Seas, still operate their usual medical facilities and have medical personnel as they would on any other cruise? I know they keep medical facilities for their crews' needs. Another thing, what if a performer required medical attention? Some performers on theme cruises are of fairly advanced age and must have medical conditions.

They are wonderful cruises! My late husband was really into rock music and we went on the first three. They do cost more than other cruises - you do need to pay for all the music. There is also a tax deductible donation for the cause that sponsors the cruises. All in all - really worth it though.

One fun thing is meeting the band members all around the ship.

They do sell out quickly, so don't wait to make your reservations.

It’s rare that you ever come back to check responses to your posts, but as someone who has used dialysis at sea 4 times now (for my mom who is on hemodialysis), I have to ask out of curiosity how you’re able to cruise at all if your husband doesn’t use dialysis at sea but requires hemodialysis?

Personally we don’t find being on dialysis to be a “huge problem on a cruise,” but I realize everyone is different. We have had a pretty good experience with dialysis at sea so far.

Rare?

Never.

I would love to be proven wrong this one time. ;)

My sympathies to your husband who must have dialysis. But I wonder why a theme music cruise wouldn't offer kidney dialysis. Wouldn't the ship, such as Independence of the Seas, still operate their usual medical facilities and have medical personnel as they would on any other cruise? I know they keep medical facilities for their crews' needs. Another thing, what if a performer required medical attention? Some performers on theme cruises are of fairly advanced age and must have medical conditions.

The medical staff on board does not provide hemodialysis. For patients in need of that, we have to book through a travel agent called Dialysis at Sea and they send nurses, techs, and a nephrologist. They’re regular passengers like everyone else, but the cruise line lets them use the medical facilities to provide the service to patients booked with them.

As such, not every cruise is offered on DAS’s schedule, and it’s unlikely that DAS would book on the same cruise as one of these music cruises. It is what it is. 🤷🏼*♀️

So yeah, if a performer or anyone else required standard medical attention, they could use the medical facilities for that. But if they needed dialysis they would have to be booked on a DAS cruise.

Now if it’s peritoneal dialysis, that’s a different situation.

Rare?

Never.

I would love to be proven wrong this one time. ;)

Lol I was surprised she even mentioned her husband. She never even provides details about her personal life, just random drive by misinformation [emoji849]