DIY for Casablanca and Canary Islands

• 7 months later...

I will toss out a thought. We have been to Casablanca on three occasions and are DIY folks out of choice (we think "tour" is a 4 letter word). DW and I like to walk and during one of our trips (about 8 years ago) neither of us thought anything about an 8 mile stroll. So we walked from the cruise pier all the way to the Hassan II Mosque....which is quite an amazing structure. Some of the cruise line excursions stopped at that Mosque, but none could go inside because they were not accommodating large tour groups. But being on our own we were able to join a small English speaking tour which was fascinating. After spending some time at the Mosque we kept walking until we got into the center of the city where we could enjoy the shopping. The city has much to offer tourists including a Seaside walkway (we used that route to get to the Mosque), a thriving Central Market, a few modern hotels (where you can take a break and use the facilities),

On another cruise visit we walked over to the train station and grabbed a train to Rabat which also turned out to be a fun day.

Hank

I will toss out a thought. We have been to Casablanca on three occasions and are DIY folks out of choice (we think "tour" is a 4 letter word). DW and I like to walk and during one of our trips (about 8 years ago) neither of us thought anything about an 8 mile stroll. So we walked from the cruise pier all the way to the Hassan II Mosque....which is quite an amazing structure. Some of the cruise line excursions stopped at that Mosque, but none could go inside because they were not accommodating large tour groups. But being on our own we were able to join a small English speaking tour which was fascinating. After spending some time at the Mosque we kept walking until we got into the center of the city where we could enjoy the shopping. The city has much to offer tourists including a Seaside walkway (we used that route to get to the Mosque), a thriving Central Market, a few modern hotels (where you can take a break and use the facilities),

On another cruise visit we walked over to the train station and grabbed a train to Rabat which also turned out to be a fun day.

Hank

Thanks. I will look into the train.