Sniffer dogs in Seward?

kingstonKouple72

Anyone know if the port of Seward has sniffer dogs?

Alaska has legal cannabis and there are stores that sell edibles. I appreciate that this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I ask those whose natural reaction is to respond with "MJ is evil and/or illegal" successfully fight that urge. I'm not looking to smoke anything. That would be disruptive, even for me (we vape rather than combust). Eating brownies or gummies won't affect anyone, including the puritans.

Thanks.

We were in Ketchikan last year and walking towards Creek Street, we were hit with the unmistakable smell of pot - sure enough, we see the Stoney Moose

Didn't see any sniffer dogs in port there. Not judging, just saying

I find it ridiculous that a dog would be used in Seward to detect marijuana. Nobody is going to smuggle enough on board to warrant the expense of a dog and handler. More likely if there are sniffer dogs they’re there to detect explosives. What’s the priority, looking for a couple grams of pot or a bomb?

• 4 weeks later...
I find it ridiculous that a dog would be used in Seward to detect marijuana. Nobody is going to smuggle enough on board to warrant the expense of a dog and handler. More likely if there are sniffer dogs they’re there to detect explosives. What’s the priority, looking for a couple grams of pot or a bomb?

The dogs at SEA are looking for bombs not pot and the beagles in customs are looking for food.