Akureyri, Iceland - Cruising Excursions

I have been looking into excursions for Akureyri and was thinking of booking through Cruising Excursions.

Their reviews on Cruisecritic and Tripadvisor rate from very bad to very good.

I was hoping someone may have had experience with this company specifically in Iceland and can provide a review.

Many Thanks

They are only a third party agent like Viatour, so I don't see any point in booking with them.

We booked an excellent private tour in Akureyri with two other couples on our Roll Call. We found the local company recommended on Tripadvisor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
We rented a car (easy) and did a DIY tour. We were able to go at our own pace and spend as much time at the falls and other sites we were able to get to on that day.

Hi. We will be renting a car this June. Was it easy to get around? We want to go Lake Myvatn. Did you drive to a specific area or just around the lake? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a number of attractions near Lake Myvatn (Hverir, Nature Baths, Hverfjall, etc), or you can just drive around and enjoy the landscape.

Look those places up and do a search online about activities near Myvatn to see what works for you

Driving in Iceland is easy. Bring a map, you won't need GPS as there just aren't that many roads and all signs are in English

• 2 months later...

We just returned from a port stop in Akureyri and booked an amazing private tour with some on our rollcall...we used Traveling Vikings...Just amazing.This was the company that did location scouting for Game of Thrones.