3 Day Alla tour that includes Moscow

zumbagold

We have 3 days in St. Petersburg with Viking Ocean cruise. I am wondering if anyone has done this tour and was it enjoyable? It looks like a very long day, but I would love to see Moscow! Thank you.

JMHO, but the tour to Moscow (on the middle day) makes for a very long day. You need to be at the train station at about 6:30 am and don't get back to your ship until almost midnight. The following day, you would be up early again to tour St. Petersburg on your last day in port.

If you have tons of energy and Moscow is a must see for you, go for it. However, there is so much to see in St. Petersburg that 3 days will just scratch the surface. Since your trip to Moscow will be a whirlwind tour, I feel that it is best visited another time either with a Russian visa or a river cruise. You really need a few days in Moscow to do it justice.

+ 1 on post above. 4 of us really enjoyed the middle day tour to Moscow in 2014 but as said, a river boat cruise might give more tour time in both cities. We saw quite a bit in Moscow but it was indeed a very long day from I think before 6 until after midnight. Since it was July and white night time, many residents of St Petersburg were out and about when we got off the train. Our ship was not near the center of the city so we did not know people were out and about so late. Going to Moscow takes away from what you can see in St Petersburg and makes you wish there was more time in Moscow. All of the private tour groups will adapt your itinerary to help you make the most of time spent in both cities. One thing: we took the deluxe train (as opposed to plane) since the private tour was already so expensive. The food was awful but I think you are not allowed to take stuff off the boat.

I visited both Moscow and St. Petersburg in 2014 with a land-based tour company called Go Russia, which I recommend as excellent value. Like Dogs4fun, my recommendation would be to focus on SP for your three days in port on this cruise trip and then go back another time to explore Moscow. There is so much to see in both of the cities, and it would be a shame cut your time short in both by trying to do both. Plus it seems a waste to spend so much time on the logistics of travelling to and from SP/Moscow, and then to only have one day of exploring for all that trouble, and a shortened one at that because of the travel.