Carnival Legend Bloodbath Brawl - more bad media coverage for cruising

kazbar

That is their choice of course, but I think for a 3 hour delay in Melbourne it is more than fair.

For the passengers who missed their flights, there is insurance and this compensation and I am sure that carnival would make sure no one who is not satisfied (out of pocket) with this offer is looked after.

I think it is lousy compensation. For many it ruined many nights of holidays with their children seeing stuff and feeling threatened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why the hell the Captain did not call into a Port well before Eden, i.e. Brisbane, Sydney and deposit these people is beyond me. I reckon Carnival directed the ship to stop at Eden and put them off, show a bit of intestinal fortitude on the last day, too late, the damage was done.:evilsmile:

Probably port costs payable at Brisbane/Sydney but no charge at Eden, therein lies the answer.

The cruise lines in light of the recent events need to set up a register much like licensed premises in New South Wales have in their liquor accords. Barred from one barred from all.

While the grubs will no doubt be barred from all carnival/P&O/princess ships, there is nothing stopping them from booking on non affiliated lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a feeling we will never really know what happened on that ship:confused:. There are so many conflicting stories:rolleyes: Knowing their names though it seems they called the police on themselves:'). Wasn't it a Dave or David Barkho who called the police during the fighting?

That’s what grubs like these guys do, start the fight and when it turns against them they call the police crying victim.

Why the hell the Captain did not call into a Port well before Eden, i.e. Brisbane, Sydney and deposit these people is beyond me. I reckon Carnival directed the ship to stop at Eden and put them off, show a bit of intestinal fortitude on the last day, too late, the damage was done.:evilsmile:

Probably port costs payable at Brisbane/Sydney but no charge at Eden, therein lies the answer.

Possibly because Eden was the port that provided the least deviation from their course to Melbourne and therefore the least delay for the embarkation of the next cruise.

I think it is lousy compensation. For many it ruined many nights of holidays with their children seeing stuff and feeling threatened.

How many is many? I read an account where the passenger claimed to have been in cabins across from the family, and that they had no problems with them.

I expect that the number of people adversely affected will rise exponentially if the compensation rises. As bad as the incidents were, not everyone on the ship was directly impacted & certainly the 'final' incident at 1:45am did not involve a big number of people.

Already I saw on the TV news, a couple claiming compensation for the next cruise!

Already I saw on the TV news, a couple claiming compensation for the next cruise!

I just saw a news item of a couple claiming they just got a trashed room on Carnival Legend that they believe was previously occupied by the Barkho family and that Carnival hadn't fixed the room up:rolleyes:. Of course they are asking for compensation:eek: I'd like to see if they can produce pictures of this trashed room:confused:

Possibly because Eden was the port that provided the least deviation from their course to Melbourne and therefore the least delay for the embarkation of the next cruise.

Agreed, plus Sydney at least doesn't have last minute vacancies over Summer at OPT. They could take Athol Buoy, but then what's the advantage of that over Eden?

Cost isn't the issue.

The cruise lines in light of the recent events need to set up a register much like licensed premises in New South Wales have in their liquor accords. Barred from one barred from all.

While the grubs will no doubt be barred from all carnival/P&O/princess ships, there is nothing stopping them from booking on non affiliated lines.

You might see them on Seabourn or Crystal or Viking yet. If they are so cashed up. Coming to a 6 star ship near you !!!!!!!!!!!

In other words..'the cheapest option.' Not much extra fuel used and no port charges for the 'dumping.'

I hope the NSW Police sends Carnival or the bogans the bill for police services down at Eden, the big police launch and support police from Sydney/Wollongong, under Police 'User Pay Scheme.' The bill for service would not be insignificant.

:evilsmile:

You might see them on Seabourn or Crystal or Viking yet. If they are so cashed up. Coming to a 6 star ship near you !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for making me appreciate that my budget only allows for me to cruise the lower class lines like royal!

If that’s how cashed up bogans behave I’d rather stick with the hard working bogans

Cough cough splutter....

I certainly hope not...

I missed it - where did we get the "so cashed up" from?

The media, alleging the families evicted from Carnival Legend lived in 'Melbourne Mansions.' Could be fake news? :o:(

I do think they would enjoy a Crystal cruise.

The media, alleging the families evicted from Carnival Legend lived in 'Melbourne Mansions.' Could be fake news? :o:(

I do think they would enjoy a Crystal cruise.

Yes- wish I’d found the $750,000 AUD mansion in a well to do suburb back in 2011. I might have bought a few. Great investment. [emoji6]

I hope the media keep hounding the house of this shocking family continually. Fancy ruining this cruise for many many people with their bullying, antagonistic, and violent actions ......... and then crying victim to the police when the media find where they live.

I hope they are publicly exposed with their faces plastered across the television, newspapers and social media ....... especially the big bloke who gave everyone the bird when taken off the ship.

They should be named and shamed!

I doubt it ruined many nights of the holidays for many, possibly a few at most and if I had my children there (and not in the kids club), I would have taken them away at the first sign of an issue.

I hope the media keep hounding the house of this shocking family continually. Fancy ruining this cruise for many many people with their bullying, antagonistic, and violent actions ......... and then crying victim to the police when the media find where they live.

I hope they are publicly exposed with their faces plastered across the television, newspapers and social media ....... especially the big bloke who gave everyone the bird when taken off the ship.

They should be named and shamed!

They have been named.

I doubt it ruined many nights of the holidays for many, possibly a few at most and if I had my children there (and not in the kids club), I would have taken them away at the first sign of an issue.

That is a comment in hindsight. Who could have predicted that it would escalate so quickly. You just don’t expect such violence on a cruise ship.

They have been named.

Yes they have been named and are living in Greenvale with all their details in the white pages.

A quick Google search shows that their house is currently valued at $890,000. So not that much in the current housing market where the prime suburbs attract multi millions.

Yes they have been named and are living in Greenvale with all their details in the white pages.

A quick Google search shows that their house is currently valued at $890,000. So not that much in the current housing market where the prime suburbs attract multi millions.

For Melbourne prices that is just the median price. Stoopid media, they aren’t even cashed up!

According to the media yesterday, the 'mansion' was either in Melbourne's south or south east, depending on which publication you were reading or tv program you were watching. It was also described as 'an upmarket suburb. Greenvale is a northern suburb. Not sure you would call it an upmarket suburb either.

Leigh