Anyone ever rented a car from Avis Vancouver on Hornsby St?

Straitlover

Any reviews good or bad? Renting a car for a one way Vancouver to Seattle drive in June. Was able to get full size for one day rental for 136 CAD inc taxes/fees (Costco plus some special Avis has right now), which is way better than anywhere else. I've never used Avis at all. I've heard problems about other Avis locations, so I was hoping to find someone who has used this location before.

Wondering where they have the cars as it is a storefront downtown and I saw no parking lot on Google Maps street view. Luckily it's a quick walk from our hotel (800 meters), so no cost for a cab to get there.

If it is in Canada Place I rented from a different rental agency there and it was fine. As was mentioned all the cars were in an underground parking lot and there were several rental companies sharing the location. I wasn't thrilled with the car they gave me (minivan with 25K miles) but it was a long walk back to the counter and I was just using it for a one day one way rental. The whole process was fairly smooth though.

I didn't have any issues at the border either but once coming into Canada in a rental we were given the 3rd degree and then asked to go inside for a secondary screening. We have been to Canada through that crossing (the truck crossing) about 100 times in our own cars without issue so the only thing I can think of is that the rental car's plate was somehow tagged.

If it is in Canada Place I rented from a different rental agency there and it was fine. As was mentioned all the cars were in an underground parking lot and there were several rental companies sharing the location. I wasn't thrilled with the car they gave me (minivan with 25K miles) but it was a long walk back to the counter and I was just using it for a one day one way rental. The whole process was fairly smooth though.

I didn't have any issues at the border either but once coming into Canada in a rental we were given the 3rd degree and then asked to go inside for a secondary screening. We have been to Canada through that crossing (the truck crossing) about 100 times in our own cars without issue so the only thing I can think of is that the rental car's plate was somehow tagged.

No, not Canada Place, a few blocks south (or is it southwest???). Full size at Alamo at Canada Place is 218 CAD, so I'm saving 82 CAD going w/ Avis. I'm going to take a chance.

I'm taking a scenic route that Gardyloo posted once, so we will be crossing the border on I-5. Hopefully no issues! The only border I've driven across is Mexico south of San Diego, so hopefully it's not that crazy. :)

No, not Canada Place, a few blocks south (or is it southwest???). Full size at Alamo at Canada Place is 218 CAD, so I'm saving 82 CAD going w/ Avis. I'm going to take a chance.

I'm taking a scenic route that Gardyloo posted once, so we will be crossing the border on I-5. Hopefully no issues! The only border I've driven across is Mexico south of San Diego, so hopefully it's not that crazy. :)

Just check the wait time signs as you approach the border...the truck crossing (pacific highway) is really close to the peace arch. I should google map it to be sure (I can recognize it as we approach), but for Pacific Highway you want to stay to the left and the Peace Arch stay to the right (crap...might be the other way around). The reason is because the lanes keep splitting on one side but not on the other...you can kind of figure it out if you look for it as you approach.

Avis does not have an office at the cruise terminal. It's a half mile luggage drag uphill. I've seen signs for a shuttle.

Alamo, Enterprise, and National have a desk at the cruise terminal.

Hertz is a 3 block luggage drag downhill to the Pacific Rim hotel.

Avis does not have an office at the cruise terminal. It's a half mile luggage drag uphill. I've seen signs for a shuttle.

Alamo, Enterprise, and National have a desk at the cruise terminal.

Hertz is a 3 block luggage drag downhill to the Pacific Rim hotel.

I am using the Avis at Hornsby. I am picking up the car the morning after the cruise, so no luggage dragging needed. I will walk from the Auberge to the Avis office to get the car and then swing back by the hotel and pick up the others and all the luggage. Hopefully finding somewhere to load up won't be a problem!