Lisbon hotel question.... need help?

hello everyone

I will be sailing on the msc preozia in October and I am having a hard time orienting myself with Lisbon

I called msc and they gave me the port address

R caseaais 32

1300-20 Lisboa Portugal

If someone be kind enough to tell me in what suburb or section of Lisbon this is in

And if anyone has pre cruise hotel suggestions .

Aparently there are more than one port in Lisbon

Hanya

Hanya, there appear to be two cruise ports in Lisbon, Santa Apolonia and Cruzeiros de Lisboa. Both are a little to the east of the address you were given. The port adjacent to that address looks like a container ship and small yacht port. Those two cruise ports are near the train station and within a 15 minute taxi ride from many hotels.

We have sailed out of Santa Apolonia in December 2016 and will be landing there in April, both on Seabourn.

We found recommendations for the Hotel Avenida Palace on Cruise Critics, and stayed there in December 2016 pre-cruise. It is an amazing hotel, and we will stay there again post-cruise in April.

Hi there cruisewithhanya

I went to MSC's website and was able to find which terminal they use in Lisbon - turn out its Santa Apolonia. Check out this web address (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Destinations/Mediterranean/Portugal/Lisbon.aspx). Just scroll down to the section labelled 'Reach the Port" and it has little tabs that tell you how to get to the listed port. I gather you can find out just about any of your terminals by checking out the destinations tab from their main menu bar and scrolling down to the "reach the port" section on each one. If you feel comfortable with something like google maps you can research the terminal locations relative to the central parts of town you are visiting. Just type in the name of the terminal rather than a street address.

The street address they gave you by phone looks like it should have been rua caiscais, 32 in postal code 1300-20 Lisbon. That address puts it near the other two terminals in town Conde de Obeidos and Alcantara which are adjacent to each other essentially and a bit more northwest of Santa Apolonia. All are easy to get to central parts of Lisbon by cab or metro subway. Again I'd even send an email to MSC to verify your terminals vis what their websites say.

Hotels - I'm staying at Bessa Hotel in September a little north of Avenida Palace mentioned by FlyingScotSailor. Lots of good advice on sites like tripadvisor or any of the booking sites that have reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Lisbon this past June, prior to embarking on a cruise. We stayed at and loved Casa Balthazar. It is a boutique hotel in a quiet area within easy walking distance of some well rated restaurants and a beautiful little leafy square. We could easily walk to the downtown (busy) area and to the river. You can check it out on TripAdvisor. It was a short, easy taxi ride to board our ship. Enjoy...we loved Lisbon!!!