Croatia - cruise line recommendations

Never been to Croatia - but interested in a cruise/sail.

I have zero desire to go on some big (think Caribbean-type) cruise ship - but the thought of a sailboat trip (or other smaller yacht/ship) does potentially interest us. We are in our late 30's and very social people, but the thought of being surrounded by 20 year old drunks or conversely 70 year-olds who just want to sit around and play cards (yes I am intentionally playing up stereotypes - tis a joke) doesn't interest us.

The hought of packing and unpacking and messing with transportation to and from different places doesn't really sound fun to us. So if we could still visit the "must do spots" but having a little relaxation time, and exploring on our own - and not have to live out of suitcase, and have a lovely view as we travel - we might be game.

Are their any recommended cruise companies that might fit our bill? we have 10 days -so if a crusie is 7 - we can always add a couple of land days on.

thank

If you want medium/large yachts and sailboats with maybe 50-80 passengers check out Katarina Lines, a croatian firm. They can hit just about every interesting island and port. We did a shore excursion once with some of their folks out of Split. We were on an Azamara ship,the "Journey" - we highly recommend Azamara, 700 passenger max, considered a premium/luxury line. Depends on time of year they have itineraries in that area.

I would definitely recommend Katarina. We did a week’s cruise with them from Split. We went to Korcula, Hvar, Dubrovnik and some smaller ports. There were 40 passengers. We had breakfast and lunch on the ship, but we were in port every evening and the idea was that you went out and ate in the local town (except for the captain’s dinner which was included).

We had a guide on board and at every port there was an included guided excursion. In the larger towns this was done by a local guide. There was a bar on board and drinks were a reasonable price. Our cabin was very nice. Food was fairly simple, but good.

Every day we sailed in the morning, stopping each day in a sheltered bay so we could take a swim off the back of the ship.

Katarina various levels of ship which provide different standards of food and service, from cheap ships which are ‘party’ ships where passengers are all youngsters up to their ‘luxury’ ships - the one we went on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are doing a cruise in a couple of months on Prestige, 7 nights Dubrovnik to Spilt. Max 30 passengers. Not a party ship but older people but I imagine they are pretty active or they would opt for a different cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Never been to Croatia - but interested in a cruise/sail.

I have zero desire to go on some big (think Caribbean-type) cruise ship - but the thought of a sailboat trip (or other smaller yacht/ship) does potentially interest us. We are in our late 30's and very social people, but the thought of being surrounded by 20 year old drunks or conversely 70 year-olds who just want to sit around and play cards (yes I am intentionally playing up stereotypes - tis a joke) doesn't interest us.

The hought of packing and unpacking and messing with transportation to and from different places doesn't really sound fun to us. So if we could still visit the "must do spots" but having a little relaxation time, and exploring on our own - and not have to live out of suitcase, and have a lovely view as we travel - we might be game.

Are their any recommended cruise companies that might fit our bill? we have 10 days -so if a crusie is 7 - we can always add a couple of land days on.

thank