Would you move up from the Aqua Class to a Sky Suite?

LAFFNVEGAS

I was so confused by this thread until I realized how old it was. We actually got an upgrade from an Aqua to a sky suite when the prices went down after our final payment. I have to say, I’m still a bit torn because I was looking forward to some of the perks of the Aqua - and we had a cabin on the hump - but we also have OBC that will allow me to buy the pass for the thermal suite so all in all I think we are in a better spot! (Except perhaps for the dreaded cart noise in the early morning)

This is a 2010 thread. Thinks have changed with the Suite Life. You won't find a AQ to S2 upgrade for $200 pp anymore. Lucky if it's $200 pp/pd:)

It is a old thread and Luminae and Micheals were no part of the suite life.

We were were able to book a S2 for under $200/day pp with all 4 perks on a short 5 day cruise on the Infinity in Mar 2019. It is very rare as AQ is usually $200/day pp.

I have seen cruises that we booked in AQ for $200/day and S2 were around $300/day pp. Getting closer to cruise date AQ were now close to $300/day pp and Sky Suites were sold out. Then the Sky Suites would be offered at around $320/day pp guaranteed with no perks. So those that purchased a AQ at the $300 would think that they upgraded for $20/ day pp and they did but no where near the original cost then the cruises were first offered.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

This is a 2010 thread. Thinks have changed with the Suite Life. You won't find a AQ to S2 upgrade for $200 pp anymore. Lucky if it's $200 pp/pd:)

Good for you to point out that this thread is nearly 8 years old, therefore the answers in the first 49 posts are irrelevant today. Why do people do this? It just confuses posters. At first, for about 3 posts, I couldn't understand why people were not happy about Luminae, then I looked at the date.

I guess we had phenomenal luck in 2016 when we upgraded from AQ to an S1 for $25/pp on a 15 day cruise. We know we will never see this again, so you are quite right about luck needed to snag a fare at $200/pp more these days.

We are currently booked in an Aqua Class for the Solstice in 3 weeks but Celebrity is have a sale on the Sky Suites and the cost to move up would be just $200 per person. Would you move up and why or stay put and why???

We have been Suite people, our last cruise on the NCL Pearl we were in a Romance Suite on the aft and we have done many SA Suites on HAL.

We are sailing with another couple and we are currently next door to them but they may consider doing the same and there are plenty of cabins and they could be next door again. if not I would chose one of the aft facing Sky Suites. Or should I just save my money because the Aqua Suite and Blu is worth so much more :)

e

For $200 per person jump at it,

You can still eat in Blu if that’s what you want ,bigger room access to michaels it’s a no brainier

Go for it which I could upgrade my AQ for a Sky suite

We are currently booked in an Aqua Class for the Solstice in 3 weeks but Celebrity is have a sale on the Sky Suites and the cost to move up would be just $200 per person. Would you move up and why or stay put and why???

We have been Suite people, our last cruise on the NCL Pearl we were in a Romance Suite on the aft and we have done many SA Suites on HAL.

We are sailing with another couple and we are currently next door to them but they may consider doing the same and there are plenty of cabins and they could be next door again. if not I would chose one of the aft facing Sky Suites. Or should I just save my money because the Aqua Suite and Blu is worth so much more :)

I'm assuming this is a week long cruise....

Yes I would upgrade for $400 total.

Luminae could be very nice, and being in a suite will make countless things just a little easier. Plus extra space!

STOP SHOUTING. It's a public forum and people are free to respond or not; just as you are free to continue reading, or not.

Why would anyone knowingly give stateroom advice to a poster who’s cruise sailed in September of 2010?!?

I always wonder how folks find these really old threads.....

I think they do a search first before asking advise for something that has been asked many times before such as what drink, entree or desert should I order or not miss.

The thread pops up and they don’t notice or pay attention that it is very old.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Why would anyone knowingly give stateroom advice to a poster who’s cruise sailed in September of 2010?!?

Because like me, one who just legitimately responded to an 8 yo post, many people do not look at the date the original post was made. Gads!! Ihate that I fell into that trap!! But in one's zest for trying to be helpful, that very small area of the post is often over looked. Maybe it should be bolded in red or something...or maybe I just need to get better at looking at the date. Or maybe old threads need to go dormant so that people can read whats in them but not be able to respond.

Moving on to this decade...

CM

STOP SHOUTING. It's a public forum and people are free to respond or not; just as you are free to continue reading, or not.
People should be shouted at if they are answering a question about someone's upcoming cruise when that cruise happened almost 8 years ago!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We have stayed in Aqua class on Celebrity Summit (once) and in Suites on Summit (four times). I would choose a Sky Suite over Aqua any day. The restaurant Luminae was very good, maybe even better than Blu in our opinion, though we know everyone's tastes are different. The Aqua cabin we had on Summit was awful in that it was claustrophobically small; we could not pass by each other at the foot of the bed, and the mattress was hard; awful. The worst part was there was a crew door at the end of the hallway and staff was constantly coming and going through that door; and the door slammed loudly each time. I am sure all Aqua cabins are not as bad as the one we had, but for us Blu was not worth it for the tiny size of our cabin. We were in the Aqua cabins that were added to Summit a couple of years ago. We never did use the spa, so I can see why some people would be drawn to Aqua for that perk. We just got off Summit two weeks ago from a 10 day cruise, and I can say the Suite perks were well worth it. Michael's Club, Luminae, priority boarding and debarkation, priority (front of the line) on tenders, reserved seating in the theatre on Evening Chic nights. Our butler was beyond amazing. We've never felt the need for a butler but this guy was like magic; so fast with everything. We really had an excellent experience as Suite guests this time in particular. It appeared to me that Celebrity was really trying extra hard to make the suite guests have superb service and feel special. That said, Aqua is a lot less expensive so the choice is personal, just giving my thoughts (don't flame me!). :)