Storage question

Jordanyaya1

We’re booked on the Reflection TA in October. We’ve done this ship and itinerary several times but this time we will have a third passenger joining us in a concierge cabin. Has anyone brought an over-the-door hanging shoe storage organizer? My thought was to hang it on the outside of the bathroom door.

We’re booked on the Reflection TA in October. We’ve done this ship and itinerary several times but this time we will have a third passenger joining us in a concierge cabin. Has anyone brought an over-the-door hanging shoe storage organizer? My thought was to hang it on the outside of the bathroom door.

Go for it! We always cruise with one, works well over the outside of the bathroom door.

I have one. I bought it a couple cruises ago and used it most recently on the Bliss.

It didn't fit on the back of the bathroom door (too big) but worked really well on the back of the adjoining cabin door. I actually found a pic of it, which I think confirms my wife accusations that I take WAY too many pics. I've attached that pic.

29y1qab.jpg

One thing to note... make sure to get one that's FIRE RETARDANT. Otherwise, cruise lines could confiscate that and (more devastatingly) hold you up at security while you're trying to get on. Here's the one I bought on Amazon - Fire Retardant Hanging Organizer.

Go for it! We always cruise with one, works well over the outside of the bathroom door.

We always take an OTD clear shoe holder but we have always hung ours inside but that is just me. We also take a hanging "drawer" for the closet...sold in the same place as the shoe holder. Gives you extra "drawer" space. also, with a third person, you can take your open suitcase under the bed as an extra drawer. The other one is a great hamper. Works every time. Have fun!

We used magnet hangers and put in in several places in the cabin.

Joe

Brilliant idea. I always bring magnet hooks but never thought of using them to hang the shoe organizer. Proves you can teach an old dog new tricks.

• 4 weeks later...
I have one. I bought it a couple cruises ago and used it most recently on the Bliss.

It didn't fit on the back of the bathroom door (too big) but worked really well on the back of the adjoining cabin door. I actually found a pic of it, which I think confirms my wife accusations that I take WAY too many pics. I've attached that pic.

29y1qab.jpg

One thing to note... make sure to get one that's FIRE RETARDANT. Otherwise, cruise lines could confiscate that and (more devastatingly) hold you up at security while you're trying to get on. Here's the one I bought on Amazon - Fire Retardant Hanging Organizer.

How would they know it’s fire retardant? Does the packaging say it is?

I purchaed this over-the-door organizer from Amazon back in 2014:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V91962/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have no idea about the flame retadedness of this item, but I have used it on multiple land and sea vacations without any issues. I understand the need to avoid any potential fire hazards when cruising, but I don't see how this item would be any different from an article of clothing brought from home...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V91962/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have no idea about the flame retadedness of this item, but I have used it on multiple land and sea vacations without any issues. I understand the need to avoid any potential fire hazards when cruising, but I don't see how this item would be any different from an article of clothing brought from home...

FYI - If you decide to go with an organizer, it is important to consider the size of the hooks, as some will not fit over the bathroom door. The one I purchased from Amazon fits perfectly on the bathroom door as well as the closet door. Keep in mind that you won't be able to hang it from the closet if it has sliding doors. Also, once it is in use it gets pretty heavy, so I'm not sure how well the magnetic hooks would work. Food for thought...

I agree.

The magnetic hooks I use hold 80# each so I think they would be fine holding the shoe holder especially since there will be 2 magnets on each shoe holder. For years we have found using magnets in our cabin very useful.

Wow, those are strong magnets - I can see that they would work very well. I have very puny little magnets that would definitely not work :(