Just off the Summit - ask away

adonisr

I sail on Summit in Aqua Class in 3 weeks. How is the service at Blu? Good maitre d' and wait staff? Did you ever make any special requests, and if so, how did they go?
If I may, I'll jump in here. We sailed the Summit this year on the first cruise of the year, to Bermuda in AQ. This was our fourth time on the Summit in AQ and clearly the best. The service in Blu was fantastic all around but the ladies in front (both the Hostess, Alisa and the Maître D, Tanya were exemplary. We had wonderful wait staff, as well. The staff on the ship, this trip, was all around wonderful. We also cruised with a great group of passengers. As far as special requests...My husband is allergic to shellfish they provided him with his menu a day in advance. I am gluten free and they were amazing, always remembering to bring me gluten free muffin (even if I did not want one lol.) All this done as if we were not being a pain or asking for special treatment.

I'm waiting for the prices to go down a little and we'll be booking trip five :)

Enjoy you trip !!!!

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

Hi, your info is so good, thank you. Just wondering if Summit does a BBQ the first sea day, and if so, what do they cook? Thanks in advance. Sailing 9/2/18..:D

Hi, totally off topic: Was there another ship docked at KW with you? Which side docked in? We have a starboard side cabin this time and was wondering if we'd see the "dock' area when docked. Thanks again in advance.

We were there the first week of June. This was our fourth time in 5 years. We always have a stateroom on the port side. That being said this was the first time that Summit docked with the starboard side facing KW! We were disappointed.

And yes, NCL was docked right behind Summit.

Hopefully someone on board now (or that recently got off) can answer this--

Can anyone tell me who the Concierge is for the Concierge Class at this time? I believe they are usually on deck 8 in what was the library at one time.

A friend is boarding on July 22 and if it is Latoya, I was going to ask my friend to bring her something.

If anyone knows, please tell me

thanks

Jed

We have just returned from the Summit today -July 15.

The concierge is a gentleman named Mobley. The office is on deck

8,which seems to be the former lower half of the library.

Molby was very pleasant and helpful concerning a question I had while onboard.

I would assume that he would still be the concierge during the July 22 cruise.

Perhaps your friend could bring what you wanted to give to Latoya and Molby could put it away for her until she returns to the ship. It may be worth a try.

We were there the first week of June. This was our fourth time in 5 years. We always have a stateroom on the port side. That being said this was the first time that Summit docked with the starboard side facing KW! We were disappointed.

And yes, NCL was docked right behind Summit.

I hope the Summit does dock starboard side this cruise. NCL will be docked there as well. Thank you!

On another note, looking for some feedback on the specialty restaurants. Don't know which one is better (I'm sure they are all good). We are older and enjoy a relaxing meal. TIA :)

We will be on Summit in August and I have a question on the non-chic evenings. Would my husband and 15 year old son be okay wearing longer shorts and golf shirts in the MDR or does it need to be long pants? We've had no issues with the shorts on other cruise lines. If long pants are necessary, then I need to give my son the heads up and then get shopping.

We will be on Summit in August and I have a question on the non-chic evenings. Would my husband and 15 year old son be okay wearing longer shorts and golf shirts in the MDR or does it need to be long pants? We've had no issues with the shorts on other cruise lines. If long pants are necessary, then I need to give my son the heads up and then get shopping.

No shorts in the MDR at dinner time. One of the passengers at our dinner table was denied entrance and needed to change on our May 13-20 Summit cruise. Of course, I am sure there are people who have worn shorts and not been turned away, but why chance it.

Forgot to mention...there was no BBQ on departure day, but there was every other day. They served burgers, hot dogs, fries.

Thanks for the info. Not that big a fan of hot dogs, etc. Rarely eat them at home. No loss.:) Still trying to find out of they have coffee in the waiting area in Bayonne? on RCI, they have a nice little set up. TIA

Many thanks to the folks who responded to my query about storage space. Also a big THANX to the folks that mentioned Celebrity parking passes at Cape Liberty. I copied a picture and sent it to our TA. They were not aware. Bottom line: Celebrity will drop them off at the TA to be sent with our final travel documents. Saving $20*. 14 days...WOW!

Many thanks to the folks who responded to my query about storage space. Also a big THANX to the folks that mentioned Celebrity parking passes at Cape Liberty. I copied a picture and sent it to our TA. They were not aware. Bottom line: Celebrity will drop them off at the TA to be sent with our final travel documents. Saving $20*. 14 days...WOW!

t - will you point me to the post about the parking passes for Bayonne and X? I have not been able to locate it in this thread, yet. Will continue to search though.

bon voyage

t - will you point me to the post about the parking passes for Bayonne and X? I have not been able to locate it in this thread, yet. Will continue to search though.

bon voyage

I'd like to see it too. Our old travel agent was able to secure parking passes for us twice and then not again. We have since booked directly with Celebrity, so any thought of a parking pass would be out of the question (I asked :) )

I presumed when they built the new parking structure the parking passes were a think of the past.

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

Somehow I missed this......How do you get parking pass for Cape Liberty? Saving money on parking would be great!

From what I understand select Travel Agents are given them to hand out to clients. They have been doing it for a couple of years but in the past only for the 7 night Bermuda cruises. This year it seems they also include the Canada / New England cruises, which I find it hard to believe since that's $280 worth of parking. Some one was trying to sell one on our Roll Call. They received it for a Bermuda cruise and they were trying to sell it to someone who is on the 14 night cruise, so they could get $140 for it. It says right on it "non-transferable" and it's numbered so I didn't want to take a chance.

Probably an unusual question but an issue I have a strange obsession about before every cruise, but did you find it hard to get a table in the Oceanview Cafe or chairs on the sun/pool decks on sea days? In other words, was it exceptionally crowded?

Was on 6/27 - 7/8 Independence Day cruise. Table in Oceanview Cafe during peak lunch hour on 2nd sea day was very hard to find. We had to snag one as soon as someone else left, before staff could even clear it off. That was the only time this occurred. Other times I could always find a table. Not always in a preferred location by a window though.

Loungers on decks 10/11 were always available. Maybe not the ones directly at poolside during peak pool times/weather, but I never saw a time where all loungers everywhere were taken.

We will be boarding Summit in September for the New England & Canada cruise. All our previous Celebrity cruises have been on Solstuce Class ships. My concern is storage space in Aqua class ( deck 11 too) . Is their overhead storage over the bed? Any storage in the bathroom. The pictures on CC have us concerned.

I was in an Aqua cabin on Deck 11. There is no overhead storage or bathroom storage. We found that the available closet, drawers and cabinet gave us all the storage space we needed. Empty (or mostly empty) suitcases went under the bed.

Thanks! I guess mostly Italian food? Also, did you try Qsine? any thoughts? anyone? Thanks again.

Dined at Qsine one night of our 6/28 - 7/8 sailing on Summit. Loved it. All dishes are meant to be shared. We ordered 6 dishes for 4 people and it was too much. 5 would have been perfect. At some other tapas/shareable places we have ordered 2 per person but at Qsine they are fairly large. Service was great too.