Celebrity constellation dietary restrictions/allergies.

Ashnal

Hi There, we are travelling on the Celebrity Constellation Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona to Venice Aug 8-21. My son has a severe allergy to all nuts. How do I inform the ship of this? What do I have to worry about?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely let them know before hand, if you have booked through a travel agent get them to follow it up. If you have booked via Celebrity maybe just email them. I would be careful with the buffet due to cross contamination. I don't have food allergies myself but I would definitely make sure the maitre d in the MDR knows even if you have advised prior to the cruise. Better to be safe. Happy cruising :)

Definenately reach out to Celebrity before your cruise. Once you are on the ship talk to your maitre d, talk to your waiters. In the MDR on the first night the waiters usually ask about food allergies and issues. My wife has allergies too and they always go above and beyond to understand her needs and make sure she always has something she can eat and enjoy. When there is a question they go right to the chef for answers and we have even had the chef come out to talk to us to make sure we are all on the same page. At the end of dinner each evening they would bring us the next day's menu so her dinner could be pre-ordered. On the rare day that she could not find anything in the daily offerings they were happy to make something special for her off the menu. They get it. They really do get it and work hard to make sure you are eating well and enjoying yourself but it has to start with you talking to them. Here is a link to their dietary needs page on their web site.

https://www.celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/onboard-facilities/restaurants-cafes/special-dietary-needs/

I would definitely let them know before hand, if you have booked through a travel agent get them to follow it up. If you have booked via Celebrity maybe just email them. I would be careful with the buffet due to cross contamination. I don't have food allergies myself but I would definitely make sure the maitre d in the MDR knows even if you have advised prior to the cruise. Better to be safe. Happy cruising :)

With food allergies I would call Celebrity. They have a Department that handles special food requests. Also you will be told that you should eat all your meals in the Dining Room not the buffet. In the Buffet they cannot guarantee no cross contamination.

I always fill in the Special Needs form, which should have been provided when you booked. Ask you TA for it.

I have recently disembarked Silhouette and I was well looked after. I have a dairy intolerance and on the first afternoon I went to the dining room, as it was suggested that I take a late sitting time, even though I had pre booked for 7pm. I mentioned then that I would like to be with the same wait staff and this worked out fine, every evening. I was even made special Lactose free sweets.

7fa665d8ed7db6b79e3abce21dd4395a.jpg

85d9d5fe4273cd7d1268b2d1658de0ba.jpg

f3728518fc97407993e8d3561813c84c.jpg

60bdc00aee4d89c119774b335ebd0aa2.jpg

Thanks everyone. I contacted Celebrity and they are aware of the allergy and have communicated it to the ship.

Don't leave it at that. Like others have said go to the MDR when you board and the maitre d will be there to handle dining requests. Let them know your issues and they will take care of you. Of course let your servers know the first night and it is always good to request the same servers every night.

In the end it is your responsibility. If you question something stop and verify. They have always been willing to double check with the chef on how something is prepared.

In the buffet you have to be extra careful due to cross contamination but the maitre d on duty there will always be willing to help point out things which would be ok or if contamination is an issue to get you a fresh one from the kitchen.

As others have said they do a good job trying to accommodate, you just need to constantly communicate.

Don't leave it at that. Like others have said go to the MDR when you board and the maitre d will be there to handle dining requests. Let them know your issues and they will take care of you. Of course let your servers know the first night and it is always good to request the same servers every night.

In the end it is your responsibility. If you question something stop and verify. They have always been willing to double check with the chef on how something is prepared.

In the buffet you have to be extra careful due to cross contamination but the maitre d on duty there will always be willing to help point out things which would be ok or if contamination is an issue to get you a fresh one from the kitchen.

As others have said they do a good job trying to accommodate, you just need to constantly communicate.

Thank you for your advice it is greatly appreciated. We will definitely talk to the maître d in the MDR as soon as we board and will be sure to ask for the same servers every night.