Celebrity move up program

armani123

We got moved from an inside to a deluxe veranda today for $210 per person great deal. We woukd have paid that for an ocean view. Got turned down on all bids for suites

Congratulations. A success story.

Enjoy.

We got moved from an inside to a deluxe veranda today for $210 per person great deal. We woukd have paid that for an ocean view. Got turned down on all bids for suites

As an inside, what range of rooms were you asked to bid on - all rooms or just balcony and above? Was this a Caribbean cruise?

We were offered all rooms up to Aqua class and conceiege, we just wanted light so we checked web site and there were alot of veranda rooms unsold. So we actually lowered our bid and got it, Sounds like we were just lucky to be on a cruise to caribbean that has not been popular

Did those offered to bid have their reservations direct or with a travel agent

We booked through an online site and were offered a move up. There are ZERO rooms to purchase right off. So, there's probably a cancellation and Celebrity is making the best use of the program to fill the boat

Personally I think it is a real stretch to believe that there is not a possibility of the quoted cabin being available. Why would any cruise line ask for an offer in that situation? I may be naive, but I certainly trust Celebrity.

It is certainly more transparent than the previous system. No one very knew how it worked.

If no one bids on an upsell, Celebrity can still give away a free upgrade, so I am not sure the process can be accused of not being honest in that regard.

I think there is a possibility that the quoted cabin won't be available on a popular cruise. I believe Celebrity and other cruise lines use the "bid" system to make a short list of potential buyers in case they have a late cancellation or "no show." If a suite becomes available at the last minute, they have a list of people who have stated they would be willing to pay X dollars for the upgrade. So they fill the suite, then they fill the available cabin from the list of high bidders who want that cabin. And so on down the line. But maybe there is no last minute cancellation, and there are no cabins to fill.

It's time saving and cost effective for the cruise line. I think the "free upgrades" are going the way of the albatross. They are running a business, and it's all about maximizing revenue.

Well, we got an email Wednesday& bid on an AQ cabin.

Said we would hear in 48 hours...

NO WORD YET.

As much as I'd like an AQ & Blue (and was willing to pay $300 more), I'm happy with our veranda--we could take that $300 & do specialty dining a few nights if we wish; we did a 5 night plan last trip & DH found it to be just TOO much)

Website showed AQ availability Weds, but not anymore....

Waiting with bated breath...

Booked in a Sky Suite 1 for Equinox 7/11 sailing. About three weeks ago was offered an opportunity to bid for a Penthouse and Royal Suite. Bid in the “fair” range on the bid o meter. Three days ago received a notice that my bid for Penthouse had been rejected. Then several hours later was notified my Royal bid was accepted. The system worked as far as I am concerned. Someone received a nice SS 1.

You are the first winner I’ve come across!

+1! ~X~ did the move up thing on my recent cruise (which was showing as a sold out cruise!?) for the three categories already mentioned above.

I decided it was a way to find out how much folks would be willing to pay for a higher grade cabin, so that when they go back to their old method of offering an upsell they have a more accurate idea of how much folks are ready to hand over for said upsells, instead of picking a number out of a hat, so to speak!

The more I think about it the less I am inclined to participate. I'm pretty picky about my balcony as I spend a LOT of time out there so I always book an over sized balcony.

I'd hate to bid on AQ or CC (in a 1A this time) and get a cabin in a bad location. I'd only go for a suite at this point which has a slim to none chance :)

Booked in a Sky Suite 1 for Equinox 7/11 sailing. About three weeks ago was offered an opportunity to bid for a Penthouse and Royal Suite. Bid in the “fair” range on the bid o meter. Three days ago received a notice that my bid for Penthouse had been rejected. Then several hours later was notified my Royal bid was accepted. The system worked as far as I am concerned. Someone received a nice SS 1.

Wow it took a couple weeks? Dang, email said 48 hours...guess I'll keep waiting (what choice do I have??!!)

Well, we got an email Wednesday& bid on an AQ cabin.

Said we would hear in 48 hours...

NO WORD YET.

As much as I'd like an AQ & Blue (and was willing to pay $300 more), I'm happy with our veranda--we could take that $300 & do specialty dining a few nights if we wish; we did a 5 night plan last trip & DH found it to be just TOO much)

Website showed AQ availability Weds, but not anymore....

Waiting with bated breath...

i thought it was 48 hrs before the cruise sails ... maybe im wrong .. we bid but haven't heard back.

• Like 1

I am in your same sitation on the 08-03 & 08-10 Millenum sailings. I hope to get as lucky as you did. Would you mind sharing your bid with me? Feel free to use the email in my signature line if that works better for you.

Hi everyone hoping you can help. I’m new to cruising and my first cruise is book on Celebrity constellation with an August sailing. We recently got the email to move up and would like to bid (hey why not?). How does it work? Is it that my bid is the per person price I originally paid for my current assigned cabin plus my bid to move up or is it the price instead of the original price?

What about if I paid for extras such as prepaid tips what happens to those extras?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone hoping you can help. I’m new to cruising and my first cruise is book on Celebrity constellation with an August sailing. We recently got the email to move up and would like to bid (hey why not?). How does it work? Is it that my bid is the per person price I originally paid for my current assigned cabin plus my bid to move up or is it the price instead of the original price?

What about if I paid for extras such as prepaid tips what happens to those extras?

Just click the button in the email by the one(s) you want to bid on. It gives you a sliding scale to choose your bid & just hit submit.

You are bidding to pay EXTRA over what you originally paid.

Yes, you will keep your extras.

Just click the button in the email by the one(s) you want to bid on. It gives you a sliding scale to choose your bid & just hit submit.

You are bidding to pay EXTRA over what you originally paid.

Yes, you will keep your extras.

Great thank you.

We sail in 3.5 weeks and not had an offer but they’re still selling cabins and at a lot less than we paid. But we’ve got a lovely concierge side hump so if we got an offer to bid I think it would be a long decision

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you bid on more than one upgrade?