transfers from Ft.L. to Miami

Meldom

davekathy, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with SAS. I've always gotten good service from them but every time I've used them, I've arranged a private van that I filled with people from our roll call. Since we didn't have to worry about picking up other passengers, we saved a lot of delays.

It seems like every shared shuttle service I've heard about has its share of horror stories, no matter the location. I was trying to arrange some transportation to Bayonne Cape Liberty and every company's reviews seemed to include a mountain of disasters. I hope you have better luck in the future.

Our transfers are thru Celebrity . We have an early flight so waiting isn't too big a concern. I was told by the agent we would get vouchers closer to the sail date in Oct. Since we never had to shuttle before I guess I should have researched it first before booking with Celebrity. But its done and paid for so I'll just have to go with it. Thanks for all the replies.

davekathy, that was a mess! You are far more patient than I am. After 45 minutes with no driver I would have called Uber, which is what I will do if our van doesn’t show up on time for the ride to the port. When I have a plane to catch I won’t book a shared shuttle.

You know what they say about hindsight. :)

We have used SAS previously and just booked them for next month. What problem did you have? We haven’t had a problem.

We used them in June for the equinox. They were 30 minutes late. Had to call them twice. Would rather have used Uber.

We have used SAS previously and just booked them for next month. We haven’t had a problem.

We have used SAS and we have been satisfied. You have to expect that it is not the same as taking a cab. The price has been reasonable and you are at the mercy of traffic as they come and go several times a day from FLL and the Port of Miami. We are taking them again soon.

Has anyone used "Jiffy Jeff"? We have done the whole cruise line transfer route, and this time around decided to do something different. We had pondered Uber, but then saw wonderful reviews about this company. Rethinking my plan as my original thought was to try and grab 2 bottles of wine on the ride in :)

It seems like every shared shuttle service I've heard about has its share of horror stories, no matter the location. I was trying to arrange some transportation to Bayonne Cape Liberty and every company's reviews seemed to include a mountain of disasters. I hope you have better luck in the future.

Bayonne is one port where Uber always would get my business

Bayonne is one port where Uber always would get my business

Good to know as one of our future cruises September 2019 is a 14 night New England/Canada Cruise out of Cape Liberty. Thanks for posting this info.

We’ve arranged for a private car from Larry’s Limos when traveling between FLL and Miami and back again. The drivers have always been on-time and text you when they are close. They meet you at the luggage carousel at the airport. It’s nice to start and finish your vacation with reliable transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It really does surprise me that no one has mentioned the Tri-Rail. Maybe North Americans are so used to using their cars that Public Transport is on a loser, why did Miami spent so much money to extend the Tri-Rail into Miami Airport.

Getting to and fro FLL to MIA is so easy maybe you all don't now about it and it only costs $3.75/pp. Its more hassle picking up a hire car that jumping on the Tri-Rail from MIA and at the other end take just take a taxi or the free bus link.

It really does surprise me that no one has mentioned the Tri-Rail. Maybe North Americans are so used to using their cars that Public Transport is on a loser, why did Miami spent so much money to extend the Tri-Rail into Miami Airport.

Getting to and fro FLL to MIA is so easy maybe you all don't now about it and it only costs $3.75/pp. Its more hassle picking up a hire car that jumping on the Tri-Rail from MIA and at the other end take just take a taxi or the free bus link.

We don't because if you are older, with luggage and a bad back, I'd rather pay the $35 for the Lyft driver to help me and not worry about lifting luggage. I agree it's a great idea if you are able bodied.

Has anyone used "Jiffy Jeff"? We have done the whole cruise line transfer route, and this time around decided to do something different. We had pondered Uber, but then saw wonderful reviews about this company. Rethinking my plan as my original thought was to try and grab 2 bottles of wine on the ride in :)

Big fan of Jeff. Just not as big as SAS and he drives the vehicle himself. He is in constant communication with any delays he encounters when driving. Call us once to say he was going to be 5 minutes late.