Would you move up from the Aqua Class to a Sky Suite?

LAFFNVEGAS

We are currently booked in an Aqua Class for the Solstice in 3 weeks but Celebrity is have a sale on the Sky Suites and the cost to move up would be just $200 per person. Would you move up and why or stay put and why???

We have been Suite people, our last cruise on the NCL Pearl we were in a Romance Suite on the aft and we have done many SA Suites on HAL.

We are sailing with another couple and we are currently next door to them but they may consider doing the same and there are plenty of cabins and they could be next door again. if not I would chose one of the aft facing Sky Suites. Or should I just save my money because the Aqua Suite and Blu is worth so much more :)

I've been in AQ and will be in it on Sunday again. I am not a suite person, could care less about a Butler. I would much rather eat in Blu than have a suite. As an aside, suite passengers have been reporting back lately that they have been having trouble eating in Blu if that is a consideration...

I might be alone, but I would jump on the Sky Suite in a second! Fiance and I are suite people, I don't know how I would cruise without a butler to be honest! I love the personal service, the guy that is one call away to is only there to service your every single want and need. I order breakfast every morning to be delivered in the room, and I dont' think I've once ordered anything off the menu, I'm always having the butler rustle up some chocolate chip pancakes or something delicious!

I also like have private tables in the MDR and having the afternoon tea service. Just makes my whole trip. :)

Have sailed in Sky Suites on both C-class and M-class, but not S-class. I enjoyed the experience, and having a butler is a nice perk. We loved the larger balconies and our butlers have treated us like royalty. But now with Concierge class and AQ, the suites have lost most of their appeal to me. The other cabin categories offer similar amenities (flowers and canapes in CC, dining in Blu and spa amenities for AQ) for a much lower price. I'd say to save the upgrade money and check out AQ - the other lines may have suites, but none have AQ.

I say get the suite. Then you have room to host a cocktail party for your CC mates like me :D.

me too :p

I'm also considering doing the upgrade from AQ to sky Suite... More room, larger balcony and a butler (yayvacation and I are from the same school regarding breakfast... I've been known to challenge the butler to come up with different things not on the menu... never been let down yet)...

I am however interested in blu... never eaten in blu and would like to try it out... we'll probably stay where we are...

We are currently booked in an Aqua Class for the Solstice in 3 weeks but Celebrity is have a sale on the Sky Suites and the cost to move up would be just $200 per person. Would you move up and why or stay put and why???

We have been Suite people, our last cruise on the NCL Pearl we were in a Romance Suite on the aft and we have done many SA Suites on HAL.

We are sailing with another couple and we are currently next door to them but they may consider doing the same and there are plenty of cabins and they could be next door again. if not I would chose one of the aft facing Sky Suites. Or should I just save my money because the Aqua Suite and Blu is worth so much more :)

For only $200 per person I would grab the suite, without thinking twice about it, because it is significantly larger and has a real bathroom.

We would always choose the extra space, but that is our preference. We have never been on HAL. However, just a little warning if your experience is of suites on NCL. You will not receive the "VIP" treatment you had on NCL in a suite on Celebrity. We love Celebrity and would never sail with NCL again but thought that the special way we were treated in a PH [two grades below a Romance Suite] on NCL Sun was really something.

Sue

I think the cruise line is having a tough time this shoulder season filling the ships and that's why we are seeing some fantastic pricing opportunities. I am sticking with AQ too because I want to try Blu dining. If I did already have that under my belt, I would potentially take a look at the Suite since the pricing is so favorable that it bears taking a good look at just for the extra space. Unless of course like others who are so pleased with Blu and AQ that they would stay put.;)

Edited by FinelyCruising

We would take the Sky suite in a heartbeat. Aqua class just isn't worth it. The rooms are standard size and really the other perks are minimal. We liked the MDR much better than Blu. I know we are in the minority so don't bother to flame me as it is our opinion.

There really isn't one correct answer. All about personal tastes and desires. I've been in Sky Suites and enjoyed the Butler;however, having him is not an essential ingredient for me. I prefer going to Blu for breakfast when I want rather than specifying a "time between" to have my breakfast delivered. I've discovered that my room attendant will attempt to meet my breakfast needs if he/she can. I know that breakfast is important, but I'm not a big breakfast eater. Afternoon snacks are delivered in AQ as well as Suites, but I prefer to chat with my fellow Elites at the elite hour. The flavored tea in AQ is refreshing to me and the massaging shower is wonderful. Size of cabin might be a deal maker for some, but not necessarily for me. More important to me is the size of the balcony. The AQ hump cabins are my favorite. Blu is the key factor for me. We all have different palates and Blu cuisine and service rates high with me. The OP needs to recognize what is truly important to them. After 10 cruises they should have a pretty good idea.

Edited by Orator

There really isn't one correct answer. All about personal tastes and desires. I've been in Sky Suites and enjoyed the Butler;however, having him is not an essential ingredient for me. I prefer going to Blu for breakfast when I want rather than specifying a "time between" to have my breakfast delivered. I've discovered that my room attendant will attempt to meet my breakfast needs if he/she can. I know that breakfast is important, but I'm not a big breakfast eater. Afternoon snacks are delivered in AQ as well as Suites, but I prefer to chat with my fellow Elites at the elite hour. The flavored tea in AQ is refreshing to me and the massaging shower is wonderful. Size of cabin might be a deal maker for some, but not necessarily for me. More important to me is the size of the balcony. The AQ hump cabins are my favorite. Blu is the key factor for me. We all have different palates and Blu cuisine and service rates high with me. The OP needs to recognize what is truly important to them. After 10 cruises they should have a pretty good idea.
Very good post and I totally agree.We all have different tastes and priorities and it is not a one size fits all world.:cool:

We have had both suites and recently Aqua class again. We would prefer Aqua just for BLU alone but when sailing with friends this coming March on the Eclipse not all of them have double passenger rooms and some are in regular balconies so we selected an S1 suite, but I know with our connections we will have no issues getting into BLU if we would like. And considering its a 7 night cruise by the time we add up dining in Quisine, Murano, and Tuscan that only leaves a few nights anyway.

If its a longer sailing and you are alone for sure go with BLU over the Sky suite, we love the suites but BLU is worth more then the space or Butler in the end

Thank you for all your comments :) After sleeping on it ;) We have decided to stay with the Aqua Class.

First off I am a Spa person, I absolutely love the Thermal Suites with the heated loungers and saunas. I always purchase a pass for the week.

We are also not Room Service People, getting room service to me is nothing special. I want to be waited on in an elegant setting and having my morning coffee poured for me. I hate having food brought to me on a big trays that half the time is cold or items missing.

I am however kind of a foodie and if the food is slightly better in Blu then I am definitely for it. Plus I like the idea of having Blu to go to for breakfast especially on the last morning.

Now on the other hand we have been Suite people for most of our 27 cruises I want to say that out of 27 different cabins I can almost count on 1 one hand how many were not Full Suites :D Actually there were 8 of the 27 not in Suites. But We also have no problem going to a smaller cabin. The most tempting part is we love aft wake facing cabins and there was a aft Sky Suite remaining on the same deck we are on now but I guess it was not calling my name as loudly as it should be ;)

Oh well having the smaller cabin will just get us ready for sailing on Mariner of the Seas where we have a D1 aft cabin just 9 weeks after this cruise:o

It does sound like many who have had suites before prefer the Aqua Class and what it offers, now if for this price we got moved up to a Celebrity Suite or a Royal Suite :D That would be a different story. The Sky Suites to me are just not that big with only being 300 sq ft. They are basically the same size of the Superior Vernadah Suites on HAL not the Deluxe Vernadah Suites that we are accustom to which are 380 Sq Ft. While the extra space would be nice the amenities offered with Aqua Class do out weigh what the Sky Suite offers.

I was faced with the same situation on Solstice a few weeks ago, I was booked in AQ and was given an upgrade offer for $300 to a Sky Suite. Now I have sailed in Sky Suites and honestly they are not that suit like (yes a slightly larger cabin, a bath and butler), but they are not really a big suite. I have never had what I would call an amazing butler, so I opted to stay in AQ.

I LOVED AQ and I am returning in AQ on the Eclipse. Blu was worth it alone (not having to deal with the crowds of the MDR and eating when I wanted and knowing everyone due to the small size of Blu). Blu breakfasts were some of the best i'[ve had at sea (including Silversea and the Queens Grill on QM2) My cabin steward was better than many of the butlers i have had on previous Celebrity cruises and I loved the location right near the stairs leading up to the spa.

Overall I think AQ is the best value in this level of cruising.

Having read the great reports about Aqua and Blu, and seeing that some pax had been upgraded to suites, we asked our Celebrity cruise consultant early this year to mark us as 'no upgrades' as we really wanted to try Blu in particular on our May Eclipse cruise.

We were not dissapointed, we loved the Aqua perks, and Blu was a fantastic, loved the breakfasts.

We now have 3 further Eclipse cruises booked, all in Aqua! We are also returning to IOTS and having the same Owners Suite again, now they are a WOW!

Richard

I was faced with the same situation on Solstice a few weeks ago, I was booked in AQ and was given an upgrade offer for $300 to a Sky Suite. Now I have sailed in Sky Suites and honestly they are not that suit like (yes a slightly larger cabin, a bath and butler), but they are not really a big suite. I have never had what I would call an amazing butler, so I opted to stay in AQ.

I LOVED AQ and I am returning in AQ on the Eclipse. Blu was worth it alone (not having to deal with the crowds of the MDR and eating when I wanted and knowing everyone due to the small size of Blu). Blu breakfasts were some of the best i'[ve had at sea (including Silversea and the Queens Grill on QM2) My cabin steward was better than many of the butlers i have had on previous Celebrity cruises and I loved the location right near the stairs leading up to the spa.

Overall I think AQ is the best value in this level of cruising.

I agree with this. I was in a Sky Suite and there was nothing 'suite-like' about it. The cabin was a BIT larger, and the balcony was def. larger, but other than that it was just like being in a CC room, layout and furnishings identical. The butler made our reservation for Murano's, which I could have done by walking down to the dining room, and brought the goodies. . .big deal. To me, a 'suite' is a multi-room affair, not just a slightly larger standard room. Until I can afford a REAL suite, I am anxious to try AQ.

I have a question about one of the perks in AQ. About this relaxation room...what does one wear? Bathing suit, shorts?

Many are in robes as it is the waiting area for the spa, and area where people go to unwind just after a spa treatment. If you are just going there to read, nap or look out the windows you can pretty much wear whatever. I do not think I saw any bathing suits (it is an indoor area and no pool there), but if the bathing suit was dry I doubt it would be a problem.

I have a question about one of the perks in AQ. About this relaxation room...what does one wear? Bathing suit, shorts?

Char - I have been in shorts waiting to be called for spa services and I have been in robe after. I have seen many in simple shorts and tees relaxing and reading and napping.

Hi Char, I would tend to think many will be in the Spa robes with a bathing suit on underneath so that they can go into the saunas. At least if it is anything like HAL, NCL or even the not so great one on the Crown Princess.

I love those heated ceramic loungers and looking out to the Ocean....ahhhhhh very relaxing like a Calgon moment ;)