Celebrity move up program

armani123

I got an offer today for our Bermuda cruise in 3 weeks. Another $800 for chance at a sky suite when we are already in Aqua, no thanks. Celb suit was $1200 and Royal was $1800. Those were the "from" prices mentioned in the letter. Not really worth it to me.

I got an offer today for our Bermuda cruise in 3 weeks. Another $800 for chance at a sky suite when we are already in Aqua, no thanks. Celb suit was $1200 and Royal was $1800. Those were the "from" prices mentioned in the letter. Not really worth it to me.

Per person? How many days?

I just received my response for my Move Up bidding for my sailing in 2 days.

I'm in Aqua and bid on Sky, Celebrity and Royal Suites. I bid at the halfway point for each. All declined. No problem, was at least 3-4 times what I paid for the original cabin. Plus I've always done Concierge and this is my first Aqua. Looking forward to Blu!

Last month, I was offered at $100 minimum bit to move from Oceanview to Balcony on the Celebrity Infinty Alaska cruise. My bid of $110 per person was accepted and I moved to a very nice balcony on the 7th deck. So glad I did!

• Like 2

And think of all that money you just saved and can now use elsewhere on your trip.

I keep wondering if that's part of the psychology at work behind their program, that people will decide they saved money by not winning something they didn't buy in the first place, but instead splurge more onboard.

Last month, I was offered at $100 minimum bit to move from Oceanview to Balcony on the Celebrity Infinty Alaska cruise. My bid of $110 per person was accepted and I moved to a very nice balcony on the 7th deck. So glad I did!

Lucky you. We received the MoveUp bid request for our May 13th Summit Bermuda cruise. We were booked in an Ocean View to move up to a balcony the MINIMUM bid was $400 per person. Uh...no thank you. I'll pass.

Lucky you. We received the MoveUp bid request for our May 13th Summit Bermuda cruise. We were booked in an Ocean View to move up to a balcony the MINIMUM bid was $400 per person. Uh...no thank you. I'll pass.

I understand why some people would not spend the money. I would think a lot people would spend $400 more person to be have a Balcony. ($57 a day per person). Of course they would have booked the balcony initially.

$250 for two for an upgrade from AQ to a RS is even a better deal depending on the Perks with the AQ.

IMO the way to evaluate the Move up offers is to compare the total bid cost to the initial difference. I would think the program will be very successful, but not desirable for everyone.

I understand why some people would not spend the money. I would think a lot people would spend $400 more person to be have a Balcony. ($57 a day per person). Of course they would have booked the balcony initially.

$250 for two for an upgrade from AQ to a RS is even a better deal depending on the Perks with the AQ.

IMO the way to evaluate the Move up offers is to compare the total bid cost to the initial difference. I would think the program will be very successful, but not desirable for everyone.

Yes, but the $400 number I quoted was the lowest you could bid and considered a very weak bid. I didn't even want to pay that much but they really expected you to bid more than the $400.

I priced out what it would cost for each of the suites before I placed my "average" bids and I was no where close to the actual cost. I figured if they gave it to me for less than full price then it would be worth it. Was worth the gamble anyway.

Just notified that none of my bids were accepted. Apparently, they either didn't have the cabins listed or found someone to pay more. Very crass system that ignores little things like Elite status, etc.

Did anyone win? And what were the bids - nice to know so we can keep the crusie line honest. Why put up a bidding war when there is nothing to bid for?

Edited by fwdpost
missed info

Yes, but the $400 number I quoted was the lowest you could bid and considered a very weak bid. I didn't even want to pay that much but they really expected you to bid more than the $400.

I guess one has to decide how much they are willing to pay. For me it would need to be a discount from the normal price.

I have yet to experience the process, but I will see in the future.

Just notified that none of my bids were accepted. Apparently, they either didn't have the cabins listed or found someone to pay more. Very crass system that ignores little things like Elite status, etc.

Did anyone win? And what were the bids - nice to know so we can keep the crusie line honest. Why put up a bidding war when there is nothing to bid for?

Personally I think it is a real stretch to believe that there is not a possibility of the quoted cabin being available. Why would any cruise line ask for an offer in that situation? I may be naive, but I certainly trust Celebrity.

It is certainly more transparent than the previous system. No one very knew how it worked.

If no one bids on an upsell, Celebrity can still give away a free upgrade, so I am not sure the process can be accused of not being honest in that regard.

You are the first winner I’ve come across!

Following.

Interesting concept..and like others have said, if it isnt a deal, OR if the desired cabin was booked and then released (therefore attractive) how will this work?

• 2 weeks later...