Suite guests - concierge contact pre-cruise?

cruisetek

We'll be cruising within 3 weeks, staying in a RS, and have heard that we're supposed to receive an e-mail from the concierge in advance of our departure so we can put in our requests for the liquor set-up in the room, make specialty dining reservations, note any other preferences, etc. Can anyone tell me when we are likely to receive this e-mail? Just wondering if I should have heard something by now, or if it typically happens closer to our sailing date. Have cruised multiple times before, but this is the first time with Celebrity so I'm not sure how things work with them. Thanks!

Received a call about 2.5 weeks prior. I was out of the country so didn’t respond. Received another call about a week later. At the same time, got an email.

Be patient, it should come soon.

We'll be cruising within 3 weeks, staying in a RS, and have heard that we're supposed to receive an e-mail from the concierge in advance of our departure so we can put in our requests for the liquor set-up in the room, make specialty dining reservations, note any other preferences, etc. Can anyone tell me when we are likely to receive this e-mail? Just wondering if I should have heard something by now, or if it typically happens closer to our sailing date. Have cruised multiple times before, but this is the first time with Celebrity so I'm not sure how things work with them. Thanks!

You will receive a call and email from the shore side concierge about two weeks before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked the Penthouse Suite on Eclipe for a 10 day Hawaii cruise in 2019. 5 days after booking it (and more than a year out) we got a call from the shoreside concierge asking if we needed anything. I made sure she knew our cruise was in 2019. She knew. NOW THAT’S SERVICE!

I'm sailing in a RS tomorrow (July 8th). I heard from the shoreside concierge on June 28th (so about 10 days prior to my sail date). Hope this helps.

Does this apply to Sky Suites as well, or only the higher end suites?

Does this apply to Sky Suites as well, or only the higher end suites?

The call from the shoreside concierge does not apply to Sky Suites. Love your name...I’m a Mets fan[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does it apply to Celebrity suites?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It did for us the last time we sailed in one and also for friends of ours just a few months ago. Though I believe it can be "hit or miss" for the CS's.... good luck!!

The call from the shoreside concierge does not apply to Sky Suites. Love your name...I’m a Mets fan[emoji1]

So YOU’RE the other one! ? Lol [emoji23]. Thanks for the info. We’re in a Sky Suite on the Equinox on 9/14. I thought the extra special treatment was a bit over the top for the Sky Suite.

Let’s Go Mets!

Trip

It did for us the last time we sailed in one and also for friends of ours just a few months ago. Though I believe it can be "hit or miss" for the CS's.... good luck!!
Thanks Gracie...fingers crossed

We had the call for our Celebrity Suite, but even though we gave our requests - none of them were done when we embarked - LOL! so a hit/miss.

Heather

We returned last night from a cruise on the Silhouette in a Celebrity Suite. We received a phone call and email 10 days before sail date.

We do not receive a call when in a Sky Suite.

Recently received an email and telephone call, 56 days before our 18 August 2018 RS sailing. The email provided us with written details of the Special Delivery service for luggage and list of in-suite beverages suggestions to select our choices from. During the call which was shortly after the receipt of email, I spoke to a delightful lady called Carrie who was very friendly.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on Constellation on 7/21 in a RS. I received an e-mail from the Shoreside Concierge on 7/4/18. It may have been a bit early as she indicated she would be going on vacation between 7/7 and 7/14.

The shoreside concierge was very efficient in getting back to me taking care of the items I had arranged and some questions I had.

If for some reason you don't hear from her you can contact:

Concierge Desk at 1-877-290-5881 seven days a week between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm CST

My husband and I are sailing with our daughter in an RS in the next few weeks. I'm not so much worried about being contacted, but what types of things do people ask for? Or types of special requests? Outside of the 2 bottles of booze and specialty dining reservations, I can't think of anything else!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Hi

We recently sailed in a Royal Suite on Reflection.

We were contacted both by phone and email approximately 2 weeks before we sailed.

I posted pictures of the email in my review in my signature if you want to take a look at the email.

I am posting on my cell phone right now so can’t link it from here.

They were super helpful and everything was set up as requested.

Have a great trip.

My husband and I are sailing with our daughter in an RS in the next few weeks. I'm not so much worried about being contacted, but what types of things do people ask for? Or types of special requests? Outside of the 2 bottles of booze and specialty dining reservations, I can't think of anything else!

The type of items best requested in advance are those that save the crew from doing jobs twice(such as your bed/bedding set up) or needed for the first day when they are busiest (extra hangers). Requests for later in the cruise (such as plans for a party) are best left until you can discuss requirements face-to-face.

The type of items best requested in advance are those that save the crew from doing jobs twice(such as your bed/bedding set up) or needed for the first day when they are busiest (extra hangers). Requests for later in the cruise (such as plans for a party) are best left until you can discuss requirements face-to-face.

Agree....we always give details on drinks (spirits, sodas, beer types and water), pillows (no feather ones) and our first two night dining preferences. After that we see the butler some time during the first day to sort anything else...

I always ask for a sun bed on the balcony as there is plenty of room although that bath on the balcony is a real space grabber. I always leave the speciality restaurants until we are on board so that I can see what order they are using the luminae menus as there are some that do not suit my wife.

I do wish Celebrity would adopt the questionnaire they use for the Genie on Royal Caribbean. I suggest that you give some thought to what you like to enjoy on your holidays and whether it be put in place ahead of time. I am a planner by nature and with an ASD son, we don't do spontaneity, so I have my DH and DS needs down pat in a spreadsheet which will vary if additional family members are also travelling. Examples include:

• Pillows and types needed (I need extra for medical reasons)
  • Extra clothes hangers
  • Extra towels, bathrobe and slippers
  • Any pre-booked Gifts by Celebrity. I ordered several arrangements from a local florist at the embarkation port and these were in our cabins when we arrived
  • Specialty dinner reservations for all nights required. Lesson learnt, it is easier to cancel than book as the last time we could not get a reservations for last 2 nights
  • Any Special Needs requests made
  • Extra chair for breakfast on your balcony
  • Roll-away for my son, although he did find the sofa bed comfortable
  • I was travelling with family members in an adjoining RS so we had the balcony divider removed which was done before we arrived

Another helpful tip to consider from Project_Gal is to prepare note for the butler e.g. Timing of daily early morning coffee/tea.

This is an extract from the email I received from the Shoreside Concierge:

"Additionally, as guests in one of our top suites, we arepleased to offer a complimentary minibar that is stocked daily and two bottlesof liquor to enjoy during your time with us. As I would love the opportunity tohave these Suite Class Amenities available to you upon your arrival, kindlychoose from the below options. Please note that substitutions are permitted forliquor including wine. If you do not see an option below that fits your taste,please let me know your preference and I will inquire on the substitution.

First, select two 1 liter bottles of liquor:

Jack Daniels Black Bourbon

Beefeater Gin

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Hendricks Gin

Tanqueray Ten Gin

Chivas Regal 12 Year Scotch

Glenfiddich Select Cask Scotch

Johnnie Walker Black Scotch

Belvedere Vodka

Ciroc Snap Frost Vodka

Grey Goose Vodka