Internet Pricing

bandlady74

First time sailing Celebrity (past cruises on HAL) and need advice about internet packages on the Summit for our Bermuda cruise leaving 7/22. Pricing right now for two devices for the entire cruise is $269 per adult for two devices. I’m confused by the per adult quote. Does this mean it’s $269 for me to logon with my iPad for the week and $269 for my DH on his iPad as well? Does anyone know if they will also be offering internet per day or per hour once we board? What have you found to be the most economical way to go with this? Thanks!

"Does this mean it’s $269 for me to logon with my iPad for the week and $269 for my DH on his iPad as well?"

No, it means that for $269 you can log in two devices at a time, AFAIK

CruiseStitch is right. As long as the two of you don't mind taking turns being logged in, you can make use of the slightly cheaper single device plan.

There are shorter plans available on board, but 1) I always book the unlimited because i need to be in contact and 2) whatever the "hourly" rate is, one hears lots of howling about it.

BTW connection speed is great. Been on Summit couple times this year and no problems streaming and few/no problems with wifi phoning.

have a great trip!

Celebrity (intentionally?) tries to suggest that you need an internet package for each person. That's just not true. As pointed out above, you can just buy internet for one person and that userid/pw can be used on any (and as many) devices as you'd like....butt only one can be signed on to the ship's wifi at once.

Thanks, everyone. So just to be sure I understand correctly, if I buy unlimited for two devices I can have them both online at one time, and log out on one if I want to use a third? For example, I'm sure my DH and I will both want to catch up on the news simultaneously on our iPads, but I could log off of mine, log in to my phone, and iMessage my family at home, right? Thanks!

Thanks, everyone. So just to be sure I understand correctly, if I buy unlimited for two devices I can have them both online at one time, and log out on one if I want to use a third? For example, I'm sure my DH and I will both want to catch up on the news simultaneously on our iPads, but I could log off of mine, log in to my phone, and iMessage my family at home, right? Thanks!

By Jove, I think you've got it! Yes, the number you "buy" is the number of simultaneously signed in devices you can have.

happy travels.

First time sailing Celebrity (past cruises on HAL) and need advice about internet packages on the Summit for our Bermuda cruise leaving 7/22. Pricing right now for two devices for the entire cruise is $269 per adult for two devices. I’m confused by the per adult quote. Does this mean it’s $269 for me to logon with my iPad for the week and $269 for my DH on his iPad as well? Does anyone know if they will also be offering internet per day or per hour once we board? What have you found to be the most economical way to go with this? Thanks!

The wifi is slow at times, early morning or night time seem to be faster to me. You can sign in to 2 devices at one time. I use for my cell phone and can get I messages from Iphone from family and friends, check my email, etc. If I want to go on my Ipad, I sign off my phone and sign on to my Ipad. If there are 2 of you then 2 devices would be good if you both like to go online a lot. The unlimited is great, the by the minute seems to add up too fast for me.

You will need to decide how much you like to go online, etc. Just remember to put devices on airplane mode and turn on wifi to avoid additional charges. You can also turn on bluetooth with airplane mode if you want to sync fitbit, etc.

I found the wifi on Summit to be awful. I posted about it recently. others noted that it had a lot to do with the foggy/poor weather. Perhaps this is true. But I found it insanely expensive compared to other lines and the wifi quality to be much worse.

That being said, 4 of us shared a 2-device package with no problem. You also have the option when signing in to "kick off" another device on the package, if someone forgets to logoff.